• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Why is my baby awake?

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Why is my baby awake?

She woke up crying, went in and she was stood at the end of the cot. I've fed her, changed her, put teething gel on her gums.

She's never done this before and i'm at a loss with what to do?! She wont go back to bed.

Do i just ride it out? She's always been a good sleeper, had a routine etc. :cry:

Grace did that last night. I did everything you did but she was standing in her cot, hysterical. She was awake for an hour, I brought her in my room. She calmed down eventually and went back down. Who knows :shrug:

Mine has been awake all night grunting. but then she usually is up till late no matter what I do.

She will only fall asleep in her vibrating chair, very annoying.

Mine has been awake all night grunting. but then she usually is up till late no matter what I do.

She will only fall asleep in her vibrating chair, very annoying.

I remember that stage well :hugs:

She is currently playing in the living room, daddy is asleep, he has to be up at 6am and caitlyn is wide awake squealing. I feel like a bad mam cause i don't know what to do!

Could it be night terrors? I know some people think its a myth but I genuinely think sometimes they get nightmares and just freak out- Lily gets this sometimes and takes ages to calm down

Actually, the only thing ive done differently tonight is put up some darker curtains so that she wont wake so early in the morning. Surely this can't be why she has woken up?

I was just about to say that embo, Grace has done it a few times now and when i oick her up and take her away from her cot she's fine but the minute I go to put her back in she screams, dunno whether its because she's been scared and then associates going back in the cot with that? If she is playing then chances are there isn't anything physically wrong with her x

oh amelia had a night terror last night they are the worst things ever she was just lyin ther eyes closed flaylin her arms about and didnt know i was there.
Just cuddle her and she will eventually go off. its annoying how they dont come with instructions! lol

God, there's nothing physically wrong with her, she wont stop squealing, and she only does that when she's happy though. She needs to shush abit coz she'll wake daddy and daddy will blame me probably... i feel shit

:hugs: to you too

Im just thrown out, im not used to her being out of routine. Pfftttt i need to learn that babies are not predictable

i wonder if she'll sleep in any longer when she does go back to bed! Glad i'm not at work tomorow anyway

mines still awake:cry: shes fighting sleep I can see her dropping off then waking herself up again,

how does she sleep?

Back? front? side? upside down :lol:? :hugs:

sitting up in her chair currently. I swear shes going to be in that thing till shes 5! When I move her to her moses basket I put her on her back. sometimes on her side.

Caitlyn wouldnt sleep anyway but on her belly. Still doesn't mostly. xxx

Maybe a phase? Clingyness - is she more clingy in the day as well? Maybe teeth or some little lurgie making her wake and want some comfort?
If I've learnt anything from Emm's sleep patterns over the last year, it is that they go in phases!!!:hugs:

joshua does this and iis wide awake and wont settle back down so we end up bringing him into our bed and he settles straight away.

im not sure now hes doing coz he knows he comes into our bed.

he sleeps fine,he goes down awake at 7.30 and we dont hear from him at all until like 5 in the morning when he comes into our bed.

What IS the matter with her? Surely it can't be the different curtains in her room. She wont go to bed tonight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"