• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Why is this happening

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
My 9 month old has been sleeping 12 hours for well over a month now and all of a sudden he's uP for a feed in the night. The last three nights he's woke at 1am or so for a full bottle. Today he woke at 2am and now again at 6am. He usually sleeps from 8-8.

My eyes are burning I'm so tired. Is this a regression of some sort? I hope it stops.

:hugs: know how you feel my LO still wakes up once a night for a bottle. Now I make the bottle before I go to bed we co-sleep so I pass it to her in the night and she holds it herself.

Hopefully your LO is just going through a phase good luck

My LO has been doing the same but I read that there is a growth spurt around this time, so could just be that x

He finally woke up at 9am for the day and I fed him his breakfast. Now I have no idea what to do about his lunch!! Can anyone help??

He's going to go for a nap around 11 or 11:30 for a couple of hours, so tha'ts right over lunch time. He barely ate any breakfast because he had two bottles in the night. He will want another bottle before his nap I'm sure, so then he won't be hungry for his lunch. Then it will ruin his afternoon nap and dinner time.

Why am I so confused with this? Seems everyone else is so easy to just go along with the flow. When he gets out of sorts I get so frustrated and confused. I know he won't starve and I know he will take what he needs but I also need some structure to know what to do with my day. When can I go out or when do I need to be home? Today I have no clue?! I also want him sleeping through again. There's no need for him to wake twice when he's been sleeping for over a month 12 hours. Sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound so snotty!! What I mean is, since he's started feeding himself he just doesn't get in what he needs so his milk has gone way up and mid night feedings are killing me.

Anyways, my question is, with a super late nap that will go over lunch time, what should I do for his lunch meals?

I have heard that there is a regression (sleep) at 9 months, although mine always woke 2x minimum so I never noticed it. Remember that their sleep patterns (such as yours 8-8) are really not set in stone, their bodies occasionally need more/less sleep/milk/solids and when they go through growth spurts, you can make your life a lot easier by just trying to go with the flow and let them get through it, rather than try and implement routine when it's not working. I would just feed him solids when he wakes from his naps, rather than worry about the clock.

Thanks, I needed to be reminded of that. He's funny with his food, he never really gets hungry, and will go ages without food until he just snaps and then is starved and eats two bottles worth. I've learned to get on the inside track of that and feed him sooner than later. That's whats tough about his changes. Once he's into a schedule I can see when he's getting hungry and sleepy. When he's off his schedule I don't know when those times are coming so it turns into a huge deal when he melts down because he's starved! But yes, go with the flow, go with the flow.....I will try my best :)

My lo did the same at about 9 and a half months. Lasted about 2 weeks

Hollys the same at the mo, always been a good sleeper but has been waking up at night again, although we seem to be coming out the other side now (fingers crossed!!) Think it must be a developmental thing x

I think the regression is real...my LO went from sttn 12-13 hrs to now is always awake by 1am until at least 3am sometimes 4am. This has been going on almost 2 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"