Why so dark so early??

Hannah1029

Reaction score
So I don't know why I torture myself like this, buuuut I do it every month lol. So today I got my package from Amazon of 50 LH strips and 20 hCG strips and I decided to use one of each just for fun. Mind you it's only cd 4 :dohh:

A little backstory. I have PCOS and this is my second cycle taking femara to induce ovualtion. Last cycles I got a positve on cd19 and O'ed the next day...

Anyway, my hCH test obviously came back bfn because I'm on my period but the OPK came up pretty dark. Not postivie obviously, but darker than I was expecting it to be. Does anyone else get a second line all month long while using IC's? Or could it possibly be from taking my first dose of femara last night? Last cycle I was using CB digi and didn't start testing til cd 10 and it was stark white at that point!!

I'm just driving myself crazy! Anyways, heres a pic of the OPK

Attachments

• 20161201_150141_resized.jpg
    20161201_150141_resized.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 16
I wish I could help. I have never used femara before/don't have PCOS. All I know is that I hsve almost stark white/stark white opks the day I start bleeding and they stay that way until AF has been gone a couple days. Sorry! Is your period normal? Anything off about it (late, lighter...)?

I've heard that opks don't really work with those with pcos, however you said that they did work for you the last cycle and it is highly unlikely that you would ovulate on your period so I would assume that it is probably the Fermara that is affecting your hormones. If I were you I would ask your doctor if opks would even be accurate while on Fermara. Maybe try charting?

I began charting this cycle. I think those IC opk's are broken because I made my husband use one and it csme up a blaring positive as well

I think it's the femara. My second cycle I took it is got dark opks cd 7-11. (Almost positive cd 10!) Then the faded and got a positive cd 16, no temp shift. And finally the real positive cd 22. It was so frustrating. I also have PCOS but opks always seem to work well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->