Why why why..

Shelby2007

Khyler Rae born 1/26/10
Reaction score
We already had our girls and boys name picked out BEFORE we found out we were pregnant.

Now that we are starting to share the news.. of course what are you going to name baby is the first question... we say.. if we have a

boy: Jaime Rey
Jaime after my DHs uncle that passed away a few years ago.. and Rey after DHs brother
girl: Khyler Rae
Khyler because we absolutely love the name.. and Rae after DHS brother..

When we say Khyler.. 75% of the people frown.. and say "ohh".. why does no one likes this name..

It really doesnt matter.. because we ARE going to name our little girl this.. but why is everyone turned off by it.. because its a boys name?

Thanks.

As i said to someone else in another thread. dont pay to much notice of what others say... there are going to be people who love the name and some who don't as longs as you and OH are happy.. then thats all that matters

I personally like the name :)

i really like the name and as you say it is your baby no one elses.

everyone HATED my girls names (sabrina or starla) but we didnt care it would grow on people! but ofcourse i had a boy

Pinksnowball - im thinking this is what is going to happen to me.. :rofl: .. but I'll take whatever we are blessed with! =)

And THIS is exactly why we're not telling anyone that I'm pregnant until we get the gender confirmed and already have a name set in stone. :D

Good luck with that Diana - my SIL found out at 20 weeks that she was having a girl.. went GIRL CRAZY.. and at 8 months they did the 3 D U/S and my nephew was VERY much a boy!!! But from what I hear.. this doesnt happen very often.. LOL.

and we have only told family.. and a select few the names.. or even that we're pregnant for that matter.. lol.

I know how it goes... my 2nd was wrong, they told me he was a girl at 19 weeks, I didn't believe it though, I just knew he was boy and even thought the ultrasound looked weird. I went for a repeat scan a few weeks later, sure enough I was right, he was a boy. :lol: I definitely know what to look for now with 2 boys under my belt, and I'm going for a 4D around 28 weeks just to be sure. :D

How exciting.. yeah my SIL kept saying.. I thought baby was going to be a boy.. man my mommy instincts are messed up.. and she was right.. lol. =)

do you have a feeling you know what your having?

Yes, I think it's a GIRL, I got that feeling immediately after taking the test. And I thought it was weird because I really want another boy. With my boys I knew as soon as the pregnant results came up that they were boys. I hear to always trust your maternal instincts. :D

Well at first I was thinking girl.. but when I saw the baby on the tv.. I immediatly felt boy.. so we shall see!

I think it's a great name, but more importantly, YOU like it. Just smile and nod and grit your teeth at the comments. Not much you can do about it. I think there is some wisdom in keeping the name a secret until you present the baby. It lets you avoid all the opinions. It can be hard to keep it to oneself, though! :)

That's it.. you talked me into it.. Im not telling anyone else until baby gets here! lol. Thanks for that!!!!

Ohhhh I'm guessing either is okay with you? Yay on keeping the name a secret, it's really the best way to go! No one minded my boy's first names but when it came to the middle names and my girls names they all had an opinion. That's why the 3rd one they'll just have to suffer!

Yes.. either is fine by me.. DH really wants a boy first.. to protect the younger siblings.. lol. But I really just want a healthy baby...

and YES.. im keeping the name a secret from now on.. =) yay for secrets! lol.

Exactly, yay for secrets, gotta love them! :D

That's exactly why my husband and I really wanted a boy first, I know it sounds selfish but it would just work out better in the future, I'd think. I got lucky to have 2 boys now so I feel bad if we have a girl, haha, she's going to be in trouble in the dating department. And forget if this 3rd is a boy and than we have a girl since we want 4. :lol:

LOL 3 boys would be awesome tho.. cause you could be the princess of the house!!! =) lol.. do you know if it matters on you and your DHs siblings.. like i have two brothers and no sisters.. and my DHs has two brothers and no sister.. i know you have a 50/50 shot at either gender.. just interesting theres 5 boys to 1 girl.. lol.

kyhler is an odd speling but a lovely name, i went to school with a Kyla

kyhler is an odd speling but a lovely name, i went to school with a Kyla

well we had seen it spelt chyler.. and i thought CH.. was weird.. and kyler is the way a boy down the street spells his name.. lol.. so we decided khyler..

I'm really not sure if genetics matter in that account? I have 3 brothers and 1 sister (half sister from my Dad) and my husband just has 1 sister. I've noticed in my extended family a girl is always born first, not in my case I guess.

And yup, being the princess already has it's perks. I get to buy pink stuff for myself and don't have to share! :D

i think their both different unusual and beautiful names

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"