• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

why would people hold back the baby stuff they bought for us?

MummyMummy

Reaction score
i said in a post the other day everything we have for new baby me and partner bought but ifsomeone offers to buy something we don't say no lol

mr.man recently got in touch with his dad who he never really known and we have been to see them a few times, his wife is super excited about our jelliebean. anyway she has said she'd been picking up bits for the baby including a boxwith baby goodies in like shampoos and washes etc. wich is super sweet of her... the only problem being she wont give them to us? she said they're keeping hold of them. what could they be holding on to them for? she also got herself a carseat to take the baby out in :x but we wont speak anymore of that haha

anyway tonight is her bday party and cause im not speaking to mr.man lol i don't know if we are going or not yet, but throughout this week when we were talking lol we have been debating because we don't want to go and let them put more ideas in their heads about having our baby haha... so we are hiding away from texts and calls! lol

xXx

to give you as a present once the baby is born.....?

Maybe they want to give them to you once you have your lil one. A lot of ppl I know bring their gifts to the hospital or with them to give to you the gift the first time they see baby.

that's just it... she has given us somethings like 2 pairs of socks,4 pairs scratch mits and a cute lil outfit and 3 baby gros, i know when i had my son lotsa people bought us an outfit, which i'd expect (if they were going to get us anything of course!) her to hold back.kwim?

i don't know if we will be having an hospital birth yet as we are still up in air about home birth v hospital and they don't know where we live as partner only recently got in touch with his dad and because our house is messy right now because i have spd/pgp so can't move without being in agony and well my mr.man is just that.. a man lol. so god knows when we will be going down with baby, partner just wants to take it slow and work outwhat he wants from his dad kwim?
xXx

I guess it's as a present or shes keeping it and getting a few bits and bundleing it up for you?

It wouldn't really bother me if someone brought gifts but didnt give them to me just yet ..

oh it isn't bothering us really, we aren't relying on it so to speak... we're just wondering if she's keeping it for when baby goes to stay over when she come to pick him/her up in the carseat she has! (which aint gonna happen) i told mr.man last week i'd ask girlies on here what they thought but i forgot until i remembered it was her party tonight! haha.
hope you are all right and it's not to steal our child away LoL :D
xXx

My inlaws and my parents both have carseats. IMO it's much easier. For one, I didn't know if my carseat would fit in all three cars. Two, they could have a carseat professionally fitted to their cars so I knew it was safe, and three if I went to visit without a car seat (say on the train) I didn't have to worry about bringing a carseat just in case.

we don't know them though haha. partner only got in touch with them literally 2months ago and we have seen them 3 times, hasn't seen them for years and then didn't know him really, his dad left his mum when she was preg :o so we don't know enough about them, partner taking it super slow. my grandparents will be having a carseat, which they hadfrom when my 1st son was born that was only used like 4 times, but that's it.notsure if they willbe having new baby though as they are in their 70s so feel like it's too much for them kwim?

maybe when we know thm better or when babys older, maybe then babycan stay *shrug* i dunno though.i wont be going alone, will always be with partner and it's a 20min drive away atleast so will always have our car. i wont be going anywhere without car and rarely alone anywhere (not many places me and my 3 yearold have been alone), im so worried and just pure scared i wont know how to cope with a child and a pram on public transport/on my own in general. have only ever taken 3year old on a train once and then that was with ex partner, always worry i wont know what to do :\
xXx

My step mum has bought the baby lots of bits, and tons of clothes! I've been round there several times but im not expecting them til after the babys born. As someone else said i don't need them right now! Don't think i could even find somewhere to put them...

My inlaws and my parents both have carseats. IMO it's much easier. For one, I didn't know if my carseat would fit in all three cars. Two, they could have a carseat professionally fitted to their cars so I knew it was safe, and three if I went to visit without a car seat (say on the train) I didn't have to worry about bringing a carseat just in case.

but i think from reading the op a few times over she doesnt really know the MIL very well as they have only been to see them a few times. i know i wouldnt want someone i dont know very well planning on taking my new baby out!

but i may be wrong, just the impression i got....:blush:

we don't have any room either our balconydoors are not accessible because we have boxes of stuff infront of them, today we have been looking at a 3bed house to rent, not the most practical of ideas when 32weeks preg!haha. it's just confusing us why not this box and other clothes but some clothes are ok? making us wonder if theyare up to something or have an idea in their head about how life will bewhen baby is here kwim?
haha.
xXx

yeah we don't know them much, that's a reason why we can't just come out and ask kwim? or to try and explain that we will need help and advice and support as all new parents do, butmaybe not in the respect of wanting to pass the baby over kwim? withmy 1st son my nan took over so i never really got a chance to play mummy, this time with 'redemption baby' as mr.man likes to call him/her haha iwant to get it right do itmy way.

same with them saying they would get us amoses basket a few weeks ago and hearing nothingelse about it, we feel cheeky asking because we don't know them at all really. of course things would be much easier if that open/comfortable relationship was in place so we could ask. things like thattake hard work, years of hard work though don'tthey?
xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"