why would they do that. In tears.

shellshocked

Reaction score
I posted this over I the complications bit but it's a tad quiet over there. So apologies in advance. I am so stressed and keep crying on Wednesday I had my 12 week scan. All looked good, nasal bone, brain, arms and legs, hb, lots of wriggling and an NT measurement of 2mm. Sonographer had me feeling happy and positive. ( I know this didn't mean everything was okay) Yet yesterday I received 3 messages about the results of combination screening obviously this means high risk. But what gets me is they are now saying that there is nobody available to speak to until Monday. They were going home at 4.30. Why would you leave a message like that. What am I supposed to do? I can't stop crying? I don't know what to do. I feel totally alone DH point blank said he wants Amnio. I will now be left worrying. Not even knowing what the risk is. I feel such a failure and feel my motto for everything always being alright I'm the end is a load of rubbish.Any advice or reassurance would be great. I've seen this little baby. Wriggling and being stubborn. I am 35 next week and few stone overweight. I now feel it's my fault I should have lost weight first and made sure I was as healthy as possible. Maybe it would have made little difference but eliminating as many risks as possible should have cone over my selfish desperate desire for another child. I just am in limbo. I didn't expect this and don't know what to do and have nobody at a MAJOR hospital to speak to.

Sorry this is so stressful for you. NT shows lots of false positives which is why i refuse it as i wouldnt want an amnio. Also it only screens for downs and god forbid there are hundreds of other things that could be wrong. My friend had the same experience and paid for a DNA test only available in USA privately, it cost about £450 but its confirmed baby is absolutely fine. Good luck xx

something similar happened to me with my son, (nearly 2 now) they asked me to go back but i had to wait over the weekend really stressed out. I went back and they did another scan and there was nothing to worry about. I was high risk as i was 38 and this time round i am 40 so will be high risk again.
I refused to have further tests which could result in miscarriage and tried not to worry, knowing that I would love my baby regardless.
My son had a 75% chance of having downs, but he was absolutely fine and has no health problems at all.

Try not to stress too much, they might have just missed something on the scan and want to do it again.

Im sure everything is going to be ok hun, try to relax over the weekend :hugs:

I'm so sorry you're left over the weekend to just wonder. Did they do the blood test also, hon? I know that the materniti21 blood test is non-invasive and almost as accurate and doesn't cause the risk of miscarraige that an amnio does. I hope you get answers soon. :hugs:

That's terrible they have left you like that over the weekend, of course you will panic how frustrating and upsetting for you, I'm shocked they left a message like that.
My 12 week scan was just like yours (same measurement too) and I left happy but combined with bloods came back high risk. I took the private Harmony test for reassurance and after 9 days the result came back low risk. I know this will be hard but try to keep as calm as you can over the weekend and phone first thing Monday.

Thanks so much everyone. Feeling a bit better now. I got a call this morning -the midwife went into work especially to ring me. I am booked in at the fetal medicine centre somewhere on Harley street in London for another scan and the harmony test. I was low risk for all trisomy apart from 21 which was 2.3% chance at 1:43. Has anyone been to this clinic? I am slightly anxious about private hospitals as I don't feel they are regulated as much as NHS. Again thanks to all x

I dont know that clinic im sorry but 2.3% chance is incredibly low. Please try not to worry x

No experience of that clinic either I'm afraid but glad your midwife called you and let you know what was going on. Try not to worry too much whilst waiting for the results, let us know how you get onx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->