why...?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Dolly., Apr 2, 2011.

1. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

we just started tristan on a new loose routine which was similar to his natural anyway from the baby whisperer book (the E.A.S.Y routine) and using the pu/pd method of getting him to sleep through the night plus using a musical light up thing on his cot as he loves it, not feeding him past 11. (He is 6.5 months old-had him co-sleeping with me and breast feeding through the night, just got too much for us) so the past two nights I did the night shift with him and minimum took me 30 mins to settle him, maximum an hour of screaming! Hubby did the first night shift last night and bubba was going back to sleep in about 10 mins hardly any crying at all!!!! Why will he do this for daddy but not mummy? He's a real mummys boy and all I can think of is he is getting upset me going to him as he expects me to feed him? He is teething aswell to waking on average every two hours

2. Pixxie

Pixxie Mum to 1 little girl

I imagine it's to do with feeding, Lyra usually settles better for daddy too because when I do it she expects he boob! Xx

3. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

It would seem it's because you were his middle of the night comfort when breast feeding. Could hubby do it for a couple more nights just so he got in the swing of it?

4. pandacub

pandacub Proud mummy to Jacob

I agree with the others, definitely to do with feeding... my LO was the same, i was trying to comfort him for 40 mins when daddy walks in and gets him quiet in a matter of minutes!
    I was a bit miffed at first, but if he wakes in the night (and doesnt need a feed) i have an excuse not to get out of bed and make OH do it :)

5. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

I would also agree!! Erin will settle pretty much instantly for DH but takes me ages to settle her if she wakes/won't sleep after a feed. I would have to feed her to settle her.

I get DH to do the first few PUPDs for this reason. The past few nights (except last night) she went off either straight away or after 1 PUPD. Last night I forgot to give her her teething powders and she took about an hour to get off - once I'd given the damn powders and she had daddy, she was out like a light :dohh: