Wicking with issys

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Mel+Bump, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Mel+Bump

Mel+Bump Well-Known Member

Is anyone else really having problems with issys? I love them, but the outside fabric next the inside of her legs is always wet after around 2 hours. I use the day insert and also a little lamb bamboo insert. Ive only just started putting in the LL insert as I thought maybe it was because she was out weeing them.

I dont want them to not suit her as I really love them and they seem to be fitting well (except the wetness) but Id really like the nappys to last more than 2 hours!!! My easyfits with a LL booster last for aaagggeeesss. :shrug:

Im at a loss.

2. mandarhino

mandarhino Mum of 1

I occasionally get wicking with cotton Issys. You could try putting them away for a little while. She'll probably pee a lot less when she's weaned onto food. I used to have a big wetter pre 6 months. Afterwards not so much.

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Mum

^^second Mandarhino. They start to hold their wee and then just do the occasional mega wee just like us grown ups once they are weaned onto food and a bit older. Em is 15 months now and not nearly as much of a heavy wetter as he used to be. Issys are now fine whereas a year ago they would have been very much hit and miss.
    That said cotton outers are always prone to wicking, much more than minky or polyester.

4. ThatGirl

ThatGirl Proud mummy to alfie

i always had wicking so sold them on

5. Mel+Bump

Mel+Bump Well-Known Member

I cant bear to sell them on, I really love them lol. I think Ill put them aside and if by the summer they still arent working then I may have to part ways with them :(

6. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

I've only just started having problems with issys. :( Really makes me sad as I love them so much...

7. raraboo

raraboo Well-Known Member

I sold mine too because of the wicking problem. They are so cute though, I am thinking of trying the minky ones but then they are very bulky too.