Wide awake at 4/5am?

MissRamejkis

1 Son 2 Angels
Reaction score
Hey!

I am 5+4 and exhausted all day, getting off to sleep okay at around 8:30-9:30pm but then waking up at 4/5am for a wee and then staying wide awake... anyone else? I'd usually sleep at 10ish and struggle to wake up 7:30am most days.

Interested to see if any of you are the same!

Hannah x

Had this daily from conception until about 5.5weeks. It has mostly stopped now, but I still have the odd night of insomnia. It's very annoying! Xx

Pretty normal. You're going to bed earlier because you're tired, but it seems like sleeping the same amount. You might try seeing if you can last staying up a bit later and see if that helps. I wake up about 4:45/5am just about every day, but that's mostly because that's what time I have to get up for work during the week. Our daughter is up by 6am (or earlier) anyway, but even on the weekends I've been waking up earlier just because I'm going to bed earlier than usual. Also, if you are peeing more (I go loads anyway) and that's waking you up more than usual, it's definitely hard to go back to sleep after.

I've had this since about 5 weeks too. :sleep:

Insomnia is one of my usual first trimester (and 8-9th month - ugh!) symptoms. When I'm at the point where I'm exhausted, I'll sleep until 2 am and then I'll be wide awake for hours. Otherwise, in the very beginning, I tend to have a hard time falling asleep and am up watching TV all night instead of sleeping. I have also switched between the two throughout the first trimester of a couple of my pregnancies.

If it was caused by going to bed too early, I'd force myself to stay up late and see what happens. I mean, start a project that you won't finish until 10, then go to bed. If you're on your feet and keeping your mind active, you'll probably be able to stay up a bit later.

Totally me!! Forcing myself to stay up later has helped... but I mean last week I was waking up at 4:00/5:00, then my heart would start pounding because I'd realize I didn't have much sleep left... so I never got back to sleep.

It really is a pain!

I'm really struggling to sleep lately - the slightest noise wakes me as well. Poor husband has spent a lot of nights sleeping on the sofa so he doesn't snore at me!

Yes, I am getting this. Normally I am always able to fall back to sleep super easily if I wake up in the early hours, but lately if I am woken up by something (my toddler, needing the toilet etc.) I can't get back to sleep for at least an hour. Then I am tired again the next day.

The insomnia is real! I wake up about the same time 4/5 am to pee and cannot get back to sleep until about an hour later. Then when I do get to sleep it seems like I don't really sleep, if that makes sense. I have a lot of weird dreams that keep waking me up every couple hours or so, and then I wake up feeling groggy the rest of the day. I could do without the first trimester fatigue lol.

Yep. It's exactly 4:30 am here in the states and I've been awake since 3:30 am since I've gotten up to use the bathroom and still wide awake!!! And have a doctor appt. at 9:30 this morning. :wacko:

I was up until half 3 with my son who has got a sickness bug and then I just could not fall asleep after. :sleep: I am soooo tired.

OMG yes. Why oh why am I waking up at 4-4:30 every morning! Most of the time I don't even need to pee 'cuz I did that at 2; I'm just wide awake for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"