Wii Fit

CharlieP

Mum to Charlie
Reaction score
Hi Girls

I got a Wii fit today - just wondering whether its ok to use in pregnancy? I went on my auntie's last night and feel a bit achy today (haven't done much exercise recently!) and just want to make sure I'm not going to hurt the baby!

x

Hiya Hun, I can't see it being any harm, I have one and you can go a bit overboard on them sometimes. from what I have heard exercise is good so long as you take it easy. If i were you I'd stick to the step aerobics as they aren't too tough and the balance games which are good fun. The kick boxing is ok as it isn't too much jumping about either. I'd skip the jogging unless you do a lot of jogging anyway but jogging on the spot can be hard going on your muscles and can sometimes be damaging to the muscles supporting your uterus in pregnancy if you aren't used to jogging already. I wasn't using my wii fit for a while there as the right side of my pelvis had been slightly rotated from an accident and was extremely painful but I had physio which has sorted that out so I'm going to start back on it tomorrow but will take it easy.

Enjoy your wii fit!!

oh and try not to do the weighing bit too often as it will make you suicidal as the little thing that looks like a toaster tells you off if you gain weight.............. which obviouslky you are going to do as you are pregnant! LOL!

I can't see it as being harmful as long as you dont do the games that require a lot of crazy movement. Perhaps you could try some of the yoga moves too. I think it will be fine as long as you take it easy.

Your not supposed to do yoga in the early weeks of pregnancy.

Thanks for the replies... I did hear you weren't supposed to do yoga because some of the moves can pull you around a bit.

Good idea abou the step - I'm going to Cyprus in June and I am starting to feel as if things are going South so hopefully that will tone my A up a bit!!

Thanks
x

Don't play too hard and I think it is okay. Sometime wii fit used all my energy..

hiyas.. i guess its ok just be careful.. i was told before no one should do the balance games when ur preggers because your balance is a bit off and u could fall over.. everyting else should be ok though

i love the wii fit and use it all the time!! i cant see it would do any harm hun xx

We haven't got Wii fit but we play on the sports a lot. I want a wii fit for afterwards....going to follow Louise Redknapp's example!! :rofl::rofl:

I think the sports game can hurt more than the wii fit (I have both)! I think that's just cos it's all arm exercises (tennis, bowling etc) and I don't do anything like that otherwise.

There are some really low impact things on the wii fit - personally I'd stay away from the hula hoop and the boxing (think you need to unlock that one by playing for hours)

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"