Will 32-33yo be too late to TTC #1?

tei

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! :flower:

I'm struggling these days with a decision i have to take.
Currently I work in very stressful conditions, long story short I'm very unsatisfied with the work and i'd like to look for something else. That would mean I'll lose my open contract and the benefits of it, but i'll probably get a new one in max. 1-2 years.

I'm also having issues with my thyroid (probably also due to the daily stress) and I wasn't able to try to conceive since November last year, because it oscillates too much. :cry:

What would you do? Is 32-33 yo too late to TTC #1?

32 to 33 y.o. is not too late. You will need to have your thyroid under control as it effects ttc/pregnancy. I think less than 2 is tsh level that is recommended. Sorry you are in a stressful work environment and are unhappy with it. Good lick ttc in the future :)

32 to 33 y.o. is not too late. You will need to have your thyroid under control as it effects ttc/pregnancy. I think less than 2 is tsh level that is recommended. Sorry you are in a stressful work environment and are unhappy with it. Good lick ttc in the future :)

Thank you, Flueky. :flower:

I'm currently 30 years old, but if i change work i'll be able to get back to TTC in one, max 2 years. It's difficult to take a decision.

At that age you’d still have a good few TTC years in you yet!
Have you had any testing done other than your thyroid? That might help you make your decision.

Absolutely not too late!! Lots of women don't try until their thirties!

Defiantly not too late at all . Your still only young ! Your health and well being is vital too ! Good luck x

I totally understand your concern about age. As soon as I turned 30 I started to have a bit of a break down about the fact I hadn’t had any children yet and kept going through my head about how “it’s too late” and I’ll be in an old people’s home before I get pregnant or before my kids are even 20! Totally ridiculas I know but it all went through my head!

I’m now 33. 34 in a few months and I’m month 3-4 of TTC no.1! I still feel really down about the idea of being an older mum but I’d rather be older and in a good place to raise a child... (financially, mentally etc) ... and there is becoming more and more people who are waiting til their 30s these days to have babies so I wouldn’t worry yourself too much! (Hard I know) xxxx

Definitely not too old, i had my first when i was 35 (currently TTC #3)

Not too old at all. I didn't have DS1 until I was just shy of 31 and my SIL didn't have her DS1 until she was 38. Both of us had trouble TTC.

I had mine as a teen however my mum had my sister at 34 and me at 36 (though she had no health issues) and I have never felt she is 'too old' or was too old when she had us at all. :)

I put career first. I had my daughter at 35, and I’m now TTC my second at 36. I did need help from an RE bc of my thyroid, but it seems that would have been a problem no matter what age I started.

Definitely not too old!!, I'm only 28 and TTC but I'm planning to have 2/3 more children so likely hood I'll be in my thirties when TTC and I'm not the slightest bit worried about that. Being young doesn't mean you wont have fertility issues the same as being 'older' there are no guarantees in life.

Could you have a baby sooner to use your benefits then quit once maternity leave is up?, Not sure how it all works where you live though, if its a possibility its definitely something you should speak to your partner about.

Good luck x

hi) I am 33y.o and we decided to do Ivf) want to choose a clinic in eastern Europe. can advise anything ??

Hello everyone ! :flower:

I'm struggling these days with a decision i have to take.
Currently I work in very stressful conditions, long story short I'm very unsatisfied with the work and i'd like to look for something else. That would mean I'll lose my open contract and the benefits of it, but i'll probably get a new one in max. 1-2 years.

I'm also having issues with my thyroid (probably also due to the daily stress) and I wasn't able to try to conceive since November last year, because it oscillates too much. :cry:

What would you do? Is 32-33 yo too late to TTC #1?

Not late at all :winkwink: I had my first at 34 and now at 36 we TTC our baby #2! :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->