Will anyone be in school while pregnant?

Springermommy

Reaction score
If we get pregnant right away, I'll be about 6-months-pregnant when I graduate in August. I'll have a 16-hour-a-week internship and 2 online courses that will last until May, then 3 online classes that will happen at some point between May-August, then I'll be all done. What I'm most worried about is the time period from February to May because along with school, I work full-time on third shift. I figure if I can get to May and manage everything, it'll be all downhill from there!

Will anyone else be pregnant and in school at the same time?

We might start trying after March, if I get the go ahead from my doctor. I am in school full-time with a toddler, but I don't currently work so it's not terrible. I take half my classes online and the other half in person. My husband is able to have her while I'm in class, so it works out great! I have only finished one semester so far, and have three to go. I hope to finish this semester before I get pregnant. :)

I will be pregnant (hopefully) in my last year of university, with a LO in the last 6 months (its a 3 and a half year course). Its not ideal but its how and when we want to fit a baby in with our lives, so i will just try to fit my studies around it all!

yep! me! :wave:

We plan to ttc in August, which is also the first semester that i start my 2 semester long internship.. so if things go according to plan, I would probably be pregnant most, if not the entire time. when the two semesters are up I will be done with my degree and will also be having the baby around that time. Do you guys ever feel concerned about feeling sick and stressed out while in school or internships? I wish I didn't have to be in school while ttc, but i'm not willing to put it off till i'm done :winkwink:

I was pregnant while in school and the first trimester sucked A LOT because I was so sick - I missed quite a few classes in the early days and when I did make it I was stressed because I was afraid of puking in the middle of a lecture hall. :haha:

Other than that my only real complaint was not being able to pull the little tables down all the way over my belly once I got big.

It wasn't so bad that I would discourage it. Full-time studies with a newborn/young baby was MUCH MUCH harder.

yep! me! :wave:

We plan to ttc in August, which is also the first semester that i start my 2 semester long internship.. so if things go according to plan, I would probably be pregnant most, if not the entire time. when the two semesters are up I will be done with my degree and will also be having the baby around that time. Do you guys ever feel concerned about feeling sick and stressed out while in school or internships? I wish I didn't have to be in school while ttc, but i'm not willing to put it off till i'm done :winkwink:

Yes, I definitely worry about feeling sick and stressed especially since the first tri involves the most nausea, vomiting, etc. It would really make sense to wait until May, but I don't want to. I believe that if God brings me to it, He will bring me through it!

I was working full time, going to graduate school full time and doing a part time practicum during my pregnancy. It was so hard!! I was so tired in the first and third tris. I can remember sleeping on my lunch break.

But I do agree working full time with a baby now is even harder. I am so sleep deprived that trying to do my job and keep up on the house and take care of the baby is nearly impossible.

I love my son to pieces and would never change what happened, but I am definitely more aware of how pregnancy impacted me now as we plan for #2.

I wanted to start TTC this month, but I worry that I will not be feeling well, so I think I will wait until I graduate.

MEEEEE!!!!

Im will just be finishing up my first year of my masters when we TTC. I know it will be tough but its the best time for us, and dont want to wait for 2 years. The paid maternity for 1 full year will sweeten the blow :p

Wow, that's great that 1 year of paid maternity is available to you! The US sucks at giving maternity leave compared to other countries. :(

Wow, that's great that 1 year of paid maternity is available to you! The US sucks at giving maternity leave compared to other countries. :(

That is no joke!! I had no maternity leave with DS and it killed me to go back to work after only 6 weeks. I am hoping to plan number 2 better and get 4-5 months.

If all goes to plan I'll be pregnant while finishing my MSc. Ds will be 2 during the pregnancy and 3 after baby is born. That is if I'm able to start TTCing when planned n domt take too long to get pregnant. I'll be also working full time:wacko:

That is no joke!! I had no maternity leave with DS and it killed me to go back to work after only 6 weeks. I am hoping to plan number 2 better and get 4-5 months.

Yeah, I think 6 weeks is all I'll be taking, unfortunately. :( I could apply for FMLA and get up to 6 months off, but of course, it's unpaid. Right now, I have between 4-5 weeks of paid time off, but that's if I don't take any other time off between now and future baby. We can work overtime for comp time, so that's probably what I'll end up doing. Ugh, what a pain!!!

Canada also has paid mat leave. Actually it's called paternity leave because both parents can take six months off each or either parent can take the whole year off.

I am hoping to graduate in December of this year! We are WTT until late spring/summer so I will *hopefully* be pregnant during my student teaching (which will be 16 weeks). This will be our 2nd.

I'm also hoping to graduate in December, and we will be trying as of next month. This is my last year of a 3 year degree, and baby #3, so I have been there before studying during pregnancy with a toddler and after with a newborn and preschooler. It is really hard work but about the only timing that makes sense for us without having to wait several years until I'm established in my career. I'm also nervous about having placement in early pregnancy but I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it really.

If my DH and I get pregnant any time soon (FX) I will be finishing up my associates degree...I am going on for my bachelors degree (and hopefully masters), but we did not want to wait for that. I know a lot of mommies that are in school, so I am not too worried about it :)

That's awesome about the December graduations!! Even though I graduate in August, our class doesn't walk the stage til December, so we can celebrate together!!
Yes, indeed! There are a lot of mommies in school. Where there's a will, there's a way!

I'll be graduating around this time next year and my husband and I are TTC. I'm fortunate enough though that my husband makes enough for me to not have to go back to work until after my degree; but my mom is always telling me to just wait because having a baby in college is just going to be way too stressful.
But after I get my BA I'm taking a year to work and to study for a GRE before going to grad school so honestly, for me, I think it's going to be way more stressful AFTER I graduate college. I just can't wait anymore I want a baby so bad!
....and I figure since most of my classes are online this is the best time to be pregnant for me.

Me too, if we stick to the plan TTC end of this year. <3 At least so far financials seem to progress well enough. I'll be finishing my degree in spring 2016. I consider myself patient even for waiting this long. Have had terrible baby fever from mid-teens and been together with OH 4 years now, haha.

Three classmates of mine have gave birth now during last year (from class of 80 people). :D Dunno if it's the nursing career where baby-feverish people gravitate or if it really is that common among University students on bigger scale. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->