Will/Did You Buy a Baby Walker?

im thinking about it i had 1 for my others but im not to sure between a walker or a jumperoo i have seen 1 i like in toys r us and it bouncys and turns i dont know what to get her yet,

No we didn't. He hated jumperoos ect so thought it would be pointless.

We used push along walkers and stand up activity centre instead. He walked at 9 months but I think he would have done that regardless :shrug:

do many people use baby walkers now adays my hv was advsing me not to use 1, im looking at a 3 in 1 in mothercare its more a activity thing than a baby walker might be better

No, of course, because they are illegal here in Canada. But if I could, I would! There is an illegal one at my gym daycare (shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!) and he loved it! LOL!

if you mean the one they sit in, then no we don't have one and have always said we wouldn't get one. I just don't see the point in them, they just look really unnatural to me, why do babies need wheels?? Since being aware of the world around her Lucy has always managed to get to where she wanted to be, either by rolling, crawling and now holding onto things and attempting to walk (although she usually ends up on her bum!)

yup we have one - my lo loves it. I bought it as he has liked standing since he was very small (as in tiny) so when he reached 6 months it gave him something to stand in with some independence. He isn't in it for long (5 - 10 mins at a time) and he just likes to play and push around a little. It is hideous but hey - its not for me its for him!

Yep we've got one, the chicco dj baby walker, callum loves it but we always make sure that hes only in it for a short period of the day, hes never in over 15 minutes at a time xx

I said no, considering they're illegal here :p

No, mainly because our house is too small and also I don't really see the point of them. He had a jumperoo and he has a sit on toy he can also walk/push along if he wants to.

I put NO as I dont have the room for one :D

Anyway teaching to crawl properly is neccessary first

I didn't want to get Maya one initially but then MIL got one for her for christmas. It's the VTech Winnie the Pooh one, Maya likes the front part with all the buttons and music but she's not interested in walking with it much so I don't mind it lying around really.

We just got lent one and BRILLIANT!!!!! I put my LO in it today for about 10mins and he just couldn't stop giggling

We bought one from ebay but it doesn't work on our carpet, I use it to put him in if I need to nip to the toilet or something, it has an activity tray which is good. He's almost walking now..I don't think it would have helped him walk to be honest xx

No, because we don't have the room. She does have a push along one though and she loves it!

I got one for Aliyah around 2 months ago.
She loves it! Especially in the hall way where we have laminate flooring.I stand up one end and she runs to me lol

Yep. He loves whizzing around the kitchen bashing into everything. Never used it to 'encourage' him to walk just so he could be at a different height and explore x

We have one in the kitchen, we use it mainly in the morning while getting breakfast ready. We keep an eye on her and the door to the utility room (only one step) closed, so there's no way for her to do damage. She loves pulling the magnets off the fridge :)

Can i be really thick and ask why they are illegal/dangerous ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->