Will he ever STTN?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by brunettebimbo, Apr 6, 2011.

1. brunettebimbo

brunettebimbo Mum of 2 Boys!

I'm getting so tired :(

I know I haven't got it as bad as some people but I just wondered if anyone elses LO was the same and now STTN?

I won't cope going back to work if he's still getting up! :lol:

We made progress once we put him in his own room, we swaddled him and he started sleeping 7.30pm-5am feed then up at 7am. He has gradually started waking again during the night and at 11pm!

Last night I put him in his grobag and he woke at 11pm, 2am, 5am and 7am.

ANy tips?

2. buttonnose82

buttonnose82 Wife & Mummy

sending :hug:

Little man slept through the night for about 4 weeks then hit the 4 month sleep regression and he still now wakes in the night - although these past 2 nights he had only woken once but go back 3/4 weeks ago he was waking every 2 hours!

3. Lena

Lena Guest

:hugs: For us, STTN comes and goes. He didn't STTN ever until he was 6 months. Then he did it for a month or so and decided he didn't fancy it anymore and wakes about 2-3 times a night, although once in a while he will surprise us and STTN randomly. I just hate the unpredictability of it all.

4. xemmax

xemmax mummy in love

the longest oli has ever slept is 5.5 hours and he's only done that twice. :cry: i'm so knackered i know exactly how you feel!

generally he wakes up every 2/3 hours but often more, particularly early in the morning where he wakes every hour or so. we're moving him into his own room very soon to see if it helps him as we co-sleep at the moment and i think we might be disturbing him. obviously i don't have any tips but i just wanted to let you know we're in the same boat!

5. Mum22GTTC

Mum22GTTC Well-Known Member

:hugs: I'm so sorry no advice -our babies are the same age, so know how you feel!

But wanted to ask (everyone) do your LO's feed every time they wake?
    Mine is taking both breasts - 5/6 times a night (from 8pm - 6am)! I'm exhusted, I then have to shhh him back to sleep after feeds too!

6. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

My LO didn't STTN until about7 months, and then she would only STTN when co-sleeping. She didn't manage it solo until 11.5months.

7. brunettebimbo

I have no hope :lol:

Mum22 - Tristan feeds everytime he wakes but goes straight back down.
    He's on solids aswell but this doesn't seen to really have helped his sleeping.

8. Lena

Lena Guest

Mum22- Nate doesn't feed when he wakes. We did dreamfeed up until 8 months but then stopped and he STTN for a few nights so we realised he doesn't need a night feed. Now he just wakes and cries/whinges for a few mins and then is back to sleep. He does this about 2-3 times a night. I usually give it 5 mins before i go in, just because he sometimes settles himself in 2-3 mins and is back to sleep where if i go in and pick him up it wakes him completely and takes up to an hour to get him back to sleep and he usually ends up in our bed.

9. Mum22GTTC

Mum22GTTC Well-Known Member

10. brunettebimbo

Yep forget it! :rofl:

Tristan has -

Breakfast - Baby Rice with Fruit
    Dinner - 2 Boot's Weaning Cubes of Savoury then 1 Fruit for pudding
    Tea - 2 Boot's Weaning Cubes of Savoury then 1 Fruit for pudding

He has also been having finger foods and all his milk feeds!

11. littleh

littleh Well-Known Member

12. lauren28

lauren28 Well-Known Member

Leah is nearly 10 months old and STTN for the first time at the weekend. She just suddenly went from waking up like clockwork every four hours for a feed to sleeping for 8 hours.

13. brunettebimbo

I'm guessing raincloud is a bad time?

14. Vinushka

Vinushka Well-Known Member

My LO just had a 'raincloud' week, and I really do think the chart is onto something. He spent the last week refusing to eat and waking every hour...

15. anna matronic

anna matronic Mummy to Evan :-)

Evan has only managed 5.5 hours a few times. He's actually started waking for comfort feeds which is irritating. He takes a dummy but that won't do at night atm :(

Last night he had a bottle at 8pm, bf feed at 10 AND 12, so I conceded and vrought him in with me and he fed on off, I always give the dummy first.

Also when he winges I don't leave hi more than a minute, maybe I should leave hi longer until he start going mental :)

16. anna matronic

oooh my English was very poor in that post :haha:

17. Carlyp1990

Carlyp1990 Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡

im one of the lucky ones as katie does sttn but on sunday she decided to wake for a bottle at 11pm and it killed me so sending bigs :hugs: to u hun xx

18. anna matronic

Wow!! Evan is 23 weeks today and it goes grey at 22.5 weeks SO TRUE :D

19. lori

lori Mom to Simon & Oliver

That's exactly how Simon is/was. He was a great night sleeper (slept 8 hours, woke for feed, slept for another 3-4), then around 5 months it started falling apart. It hasn't improved any. I'm running out of ideas.

20. Feltzy

Feltzy Well-Known Member

Alfie is nearly 13 months and still waking loads, I'm so tired! We still bf and cosleep, I want to try and stop the night feeds although I don't really know how to go about it! I also want to put him in his own room but I need to lower his cot and I've not got round to doing it yet. I'm hoping having his own space will help him sleep better!