Will he lose his teeth UPDATE page 1?

Oh that is good that you managed to clean them with no fuss

Big :hug: to Charlie, brave little fella he is x

Would be funny if it was Sabby you spoke to

I hope his teeth are ok and he feels better soon. Im sure my sister made one of my front ones wobble, my mum was so mad at her! It did settle in by itself though.

Oh that is good that you managed to clean them with no fuss

Big :hug: to Charlie, brave little fella he is x

Would be funny if it was Sabby you spoke to

Nope not me, I am just sooooooooooo smart :smug: nah only kidding I am a Dental Nurse so I know a wee bit about it. xx

my daughter was a bit older that your little boy when she did this, i think she was about 8/9.

she fell of a skate board onto a curb cut all her mouth open and knocked her 2 front teeth loose. Yhey were her second teeth tho so dont know it that makes a difference.

But we took her to an emergency dentist and the dentist said to leave it a week for the wounds to heal then if the teeth where still loose we would put something on them to reset them or something, cant remember what he was going to use now, maybe that stabiliser thing you mentioned. so we went back a week later and they had reset! one of the them still has a big chip on the corner but they just have to fill that every few months until she older.

Oh and i remember my friends little girl falling down the stairs when she was about 2 and cracking her front teeth, they went grey and eventually she had to get them taken out cos they were too damaged. shes 19 now and has lovely teeth! although she was a gummy bear until she was about 8! cute tho lol

Oh poor little guy :(
at least it is not causing him any pain x

Charlie had a bad fall just before I picked him up from nursery today. His top lip is really swollen and his shirt was covered in blood. :cry:

Just before he went to bed I managed to get him to let me look and his 2 front top teeth are crooked! One is about 5mm in front of the other, and the gums around both had blood on them.

Does this mean they're going to fall out? Should I take him to emergency dentist tomorrow, or even A&E?

He's such a shy boy that I know he won't let anyone look in his mouth. I've took him dentist with me every 4 months since he was born and he still refused point blank to even just sit in the chair, or show the dentist his mouth. I know that if I take him anywhere its going to involve screaming and crying so I don't want to do it unnecesarily. But I don't want him to lost his teeth!:cry:

Any advice??

*Update*

So, the tooth is going grey. :cry: I've spoke to the dentist and they said it means it's dead and he's going to lose it. They said not to worry unless it's causing him any pain, which it isn't. I'm going to have a gappy Charlie for a few years! Poor little love.

He may only lose it if it causes alot of pain, sometimes a tooth can die and stay put until it is ready to fall out on its own. But I will be honest hun there is a chance he may need to get it pulled out :cry: when a tooth dies it usually means there is an abcess at the root which can swell and cause pain (not always) and in that case they will just pull it straight out because it is a baby tooth :cry: poor little man. Fingers crossed it hangs in there for a while :hugs:

Thanks Sabby, it's good to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about. We've got the dentist anyway for a check-up middle Feb, so they said to leave it till then unless he's in any pain.

I'm not looking forward to it as he won't every sit in the chair, or open his mouth for the dentist. We talk for days beforehand and he knows whats going to happen and he's fine with it - until we get in the room!

I'm hoping he'll be ok so the dentist can look at it properly. If it's got to come out, will he have to have a general anaesthetic? I can't see him ever letting them remove it under local.:nope:

Awww that sounds awful poor little guy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"