Will he start sleeping through again.....

penguin77

Pround mummy of 2 :-)
Reaction score
Hi,
Have posted this in weaning section but havent had much response...so im sticking it here.:wacko:

Jac has been sleeping through since 9 weeks and has been going from 8pm till 7.30am. In the last week and a half he's started waking in the night a few times, not fully awake but really restless usually for an hour or so....and waking up earlier. He He hasnt seemed satisfed during the day either....the hungry milk did work for a bit but it doesnt seem to make much difference now.

So yesterday he was 17 weeks so i started him on baby rice.....he didnt take much but took some. Tried again today and he seemed to want more and i think he ended up taking about 2-3 spoonfuls...hard to judge. He probably would have taken more but i didnt want to give him too much too soon.

The question i have is...will he start settling better during the night again for me now like he used to......what's your experience with this?
If so...when is he likely to settle agian?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanx
xx

I had the same problem and HV said to try Josh (at 14 weeks) with a little bit of rice and see what happens...
Well he slept 7-7.30!
Did the same again today but gave him a bit more, he took 6oz hungry milk on top, will see if it works tonight

Phoebe was sleeping through until she hit 15 weeks and then it all went wrong. She has started waking again for a night time bottle and some nights she is so restless I can be up 3-4 times to re settle her, it peaked at around 4 months but has got much better since then although she still has not gone through the night. I know she is hungry as she is waking for a bottle and random times and wont settle until she has had milk. Once she has she goes straight back down without any problems now. We started weaning at 4 1/2 months and she is on hungry milk, we are on 2 meals a day at the moment but she is still waking.

Byron stopped sleeping through at 4 months and didn't do so again until about 7 months or thereabouts! We tried babyrice a couple of weeks before 6 months but he wasn't much interested so we let it lie and carried on with the night feeds. He didn't start sleeping through as we expected even when he was having a huge tea only a couple of hours before bed so we started giving him supper too. I think part of it was habit at that point, rather than real hunger. He was still waking even with the porridge and it was only once he was in his own cot and I think on three meals before he slept through. We were able to ditch the supper at that point and it didn't make him wake. He is patchy. Recently he's been waking quite a bit more because of teething. If it's not one thing it's another!

Are you sure it's hunger waking him up? I think the usual rule is:
Waking at random times - hunger
Waking at the same time every night - habit

It's been pretty random really.....sometimes as early as 1am and as late as 5.30am.
He's also been waking up over an hour earlier.

In the last couple of days he's definitely in a growth spurt too as he's gulping his milk and wanting more too.....for the first time ever he drank 9oz for me yesterday.

He didnt stir last night till 6.15amthis morning so i think the baby rice is working i hope and hopefully the growth spurt is coming to an end.

xx

Definately sounds like hunger to me. I started weaning Hannah at 4 months and she seemed so much more satisfied with a bit of baby rice and maybe some pureed fruit inside her. She got herself into a really good routine and has slept through ever since from 7pm - 7am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->