Will i be able to use baby wipes in the hospital ?

BumpsMummy17

Reaction score
Hi, i'm not going to pack my hospital bag for a couple more weeks but i've heard that we wont be able to use baby wipes on our LO whilst hes in hospital. Apparently they dont allow it. So will it just have to be cotton wool and water? I have huggies pure wipes but also i bought some waterwipes which are 99.9% water ( i think they can only be bought online btw) Here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Anyway so surely i'll be able to use the waterwipes? xx

Are you having a tour around the hospital? You should be able to directly ask your question to them.

When I had Nathaniel, they were fine with wipes but I have heard some girls on the forum say it wasn't allowed at their hospital.

that sounds like rubbish to me :wacko:
i dont think that can be true, can it?

Are you having a tour around the hospital? You should be able to directly ask your question to them.

When I had Nathaniel, they were fine with wipes but I have heard some girls on the forum say it wasn't allowed at their hospital.

Im still not sure what hospital im going to ! :S im stuck between two. but i suppose it does depend on the hospital, i will definitely have to ask,, thankyou x

that sounds like rubbish to me :wacko:
i dont think that can be true, can it?

From what Mei190 has said it , it sounds like it depends on what hospital you're at, i suppose they have different rules or whatever lol. x

I heard the same thing. Ask your midwife, they should know. Or just take both. Atleast you'll be prepared :)

Take them in your hospital bag. Who's gonna know :winkwink:

Wow that's soooo weird :wacko:

But all hospital policies are different, so you may want to check w/ them first to know for sure. Ours provided diapers & wipes thankfully.

I think they try and encourage you to use cotton wool and water but surely no-one is gonna know if you just bring them anyway, thats what I plan on doing :)

I would just take the wipes, it's up to you what you wipe your bubbas bum with :)

I was told I wouldn't be allowed, so packed loads of cotton wool...when it came to changing her bum the midwives were like, "ehh, no." So just used baby wipes. But she got nappy rash right away from the wipes so used cotton wool for the first 6 weeks or so anyway. It's entirely up to you, your baby!

Take your water wipes AND cotton wool just incase, because you will need cotton wool and water to wash things like LOs eyes and mouth etc anyways

As soon as you are home you can use your wipes anyways, so it will only be for when your in the hospital that you have to use cotton wool

The reason why they say dont use wipes is because LOs skin is very sensitive for the first few days, because obviously they have just come out of their protective sac of water, they dont ban wipes to be a pain in the arse, they do it because they know what they are talking about xxx

No one can tell you what to do its YOUR baby not theres! I used wipes and one midwife was forever saying " we advise you dont use wipes but its your baby soooooo" so do one and leave me alone lol

No one can tell you what to do its YOUR baby not theres! I used wipes and one midwife was forever saying " we advise you dont use wipes but its your baby soooooo" so do one and leave me alone lol

I totally understand what you are saying, but they do recommend using cotton wool and water only for the first 2/3 days whilst your LOs skin adjusts to being outside the womb! Newborns skin is very very sensitive for the first few days, and you can cause a lot of pain to them by using wipes! Is it really worth it? Its only a couple of days of using cotton wool!! xx

I totally understand what you are saying, but they do recommend using cotton wool and water only for the first 2/3 days whilst your LOs skin adjusts to being outside the womb! Newborns skin is very very sensitive for the first few days, and you can cause a lot of pain to them by using wipes! Is it really worth it? Its only a couple of days of using cotton wool!! xx

The skin actually came off LO thanks to Huggies 'pure' :cry: It looooked so painful for her 'downstairs'. It's really not even a hassle to use cotton wool, I definitely will be next time from the get go.

Aww poor Isla!

Well obviously my twins were born 2 months early, so I wasnt allowed to hold them for longer than 10 mins a day because their skin was so sensitive, I couldnt even stroke their arms or hold their hands :cry:

I had to use cotton wool for 4 weeks, and it was nice when I could use wipes because it is a lot easier, but I still wouldn't risk putting my LO thorugh pain, soreness, rash, reaction... because I want to use wipes! Just seems very selfish IMO, why just disregard the advice they are given from a professional, because they think its "their baby, their rules"?! They are only trying to help you as you are new mother... take their advice surely? :shrug:

Wow that's soooo weird :wacko:

But all hospital policies are different, so you may want to check w/ them first to know for sure. Ours provided diapers & wipes thankfully.

Yeahh its sorta annoying because the thought of using cotton wool and water to clean babies bum doesnt appeal to me haha

I think they try and encourage you to use cotton wool and water but surely no-one is gonna know if you just bring them anyway, thats what I plan on doing :)

Loll i think i'll do the same :) i think we should be able to use whatever we like on our babies though.. its abit silly dont you think ? lol

I would just take the wipes, it's up to you what you wipe your bubbas bum with :)

Thats what i was thinking, its not their baby so its up to the mother surely? hmm i'll ask anyway but im definitely taking wipes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->