Will i defo be classed as high risk?

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
I had quite a few complications in my last pregnancy and was high risk then, i know i prob will be again just wondered if anybody had similair issues and what precautions (extra scans etc) they had in there second pregnancies :

Small for gestation/lack of growth
Low liquer(waters) volume
Induced at 37 weeks
Emergency c section
Thin uterus
Baby jaundice
Group b strep

Ok it looks worse when written in a list lol

Based on the previous c section alone then yes you will.

You will probably get extra growth scans in the late second and third tri. I did for a previous small baby.

Thx hun think i was hoping beyond hope that i wouldnt be x

I was hoping on dodging the high risk too after being high risk with my due due to a hole in the heart closure. I’m 5 years past that op now so still tempted to ask to be midwife lead.

The previous c section will make you high risk, but that doesn't mean you can't access the type of care you want. In the UK you are lucky to have duty of care, meaning even if they strongly disagree with your decisions they have to honour them (though they will try to talk you out of it) you can stand your ground if it is what you want.
You can decline consultant care and demand to be midwife led, if you choose.
Heck you can even HBAC if you wanted to.
I have friends in the UK who refused consultant led care, and others who stuck with the consultant for their care but insisted on a hbac.

Having a SGA baby I don't think should affect your risk status, but none of the rest will. The cesarean is the biggie though

Thankyou hun :) fingers crossed x i really wanna know how it feels to go into labour naturally and use the birthing pool without being stuck on a bed with monitors x think my biggest worry is the c section combined with thin uterus might be risk of uterine tear/ rupture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->