• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

will I EVER get married after becoming a single parent?

jess181989

Reaction score
As most on here now know, I'm en route to becoming a single mummy after the father left me when I said I wouldn't do the unthinkable to our baby and wanted to continue with the pregnancy.

I wanted to ask- who on here has found love as a single mummy? I'm told I'm a nice person with a happy and bubbly personality- I have a good job and drive a nice car. I'd say I was averagely pretty. I'm not shy when it comes to men, but don't put out as much as some girls I know.

One day I'd love to get married and 'properly' start a family- has anyone else managed this after the guy found out you were a single mum with (I hate to say it) 'other' responsibilitys?!

Obviously finding a new man is very low down on my list of priorities right now, but I'm just looking for some hope for the future.

If you have any stories of yourselves or your friends I'd be grateful to hear of them!

Thanks ladies

xxx

Yes of course you will hunni! My sons 'sperm donor' as I call him walked away after 4 years, engaged house the lot so I have been on my own since the min I was pregnant but iv met someone else now and were very very happy together! Ok were not married yet but 2 and a half years down the line and were having our first baby together!

Everything in ur life happens for a reason! Some days are harder than others but u always get through it! There are more families now that havnt got the same parents than those who do now cause times change and people move on!

Just concentrate on that little baby of urs for now and everything else will fall into place in due course

Xxxx

I did! My son is 8 in July and I met my hubby three years ago. There are loads of good men out there who are willing to take on a lady with kids.

My hubby sees my son as his own and he loves him just as much as our own child. Try not to worry, you will find someone =)

my son's father left when my son was 6 months old said he didnt want the responsibility of being a father and we havent seen or heard from him since that was almost 9 years ago now...... I met my husband when my son was 4 I wouldn't let him meet my son at first because I never wanted men coming in and out of his life.

When he did meet him it was love at first sight for the both of them. we have now been married for 2 yrs and together for 4 . my husband adopted "Our" son when he was 6.
My husband has said since the day he met him that he knew from the moment he met my son that he was going to be his dad.

So it does happen.

:)

of course! dont worry, i am sure you will find MR right soon :D

I met and married the man I now call my children's father when my daughter was 18months old....she is now 10 and we are expecting #2.......it can and will happen....stay positive...

my son's father left when my son was 6 months old said he didnt want the responsibility of being a father and we havent seen or heard from him since that was almost 9 years ago now...... I met my husband when my son was 4 I wouldn't let him meet my son at first because I never wanted men coming in and out of his life.

When he did meet him it was love at first sight for the both of them. we have now been married for 2 yrs and together for 4 . my husband adopted "Our" son when he was 6.
My husband has said since the day he met him that he knew from the moment he met my son that he was going to be his dad.

So it does happen.

:)

Oh that made me cry...what a lovely man.
But the biological father...what a horrible man. Who in the world could spend 6 months with their baby and then just walk away. :cry:

And to the OP, of course you will find love, marriage everything. With the right person when the time is right!

Yup me too, met my fella wen my LO was 1yrs old......he has now adopted her and she knows him as daddy, we r expecting our 1st 2getha.......u will find sum1 worthy :) xxxxxx

A good male friend of mine got with a woman who had a son who was then 3. The boy's going to be turning 8 in the Autumn and they got engaged at Easter. The woman, who is now a good friend of mine too, is currently pregnant (early 1st tri) with their 3rd child together. So it's very possible that you can find happiness and a good guy as a single mum! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

Of course you will, hon!!! Think of it this way - if you met a man who had a child, would you refuse to have a relationship with him? Nah. You'll find love, True love, for both you and your child!!

I found love!

I was a young, single mother and didn't even look for Mr. Right!

He was a friend of a friend, and we just found each other really. My DD knows him as daddy, he loves her with all of his heart. We are getting married in July next year, and are expecting a little Christmas pudding!

My best friend got pregnant by a one night stand, he didn't want to know and she was left to bring up the baby on her own. Anyways when her little boy was 8/9 months I introduced her to someone I knew (this was about a year ago) and she is now engaged and they are living together so of course you will find someone one day :)

Of course you will sweety! You are beautiful and you will have love in your life xxx
My sons father left me when I was pregnant (it was the best thing he ever did for me!) and I met my husband when Kai was 3 years old. We have now been together 7 years and married for 2 and a half and about to have our first child together, finishing off our little family. One of mine, one of his and one of ours :)

of course, i was a single mum for just over 4 years then i met my now fiance & we are expecting this baby. i thought i was destined to be single forever then my prince charming walked into my life & now i couldnt imagine life without him

i been feeling the exact same recently hun, scary isnt it, but i have a few friends who broke up with their baby's dad and are now either married, engaged or dating. im sure there are some nice guys out there (well i damn hope so anyway) xx

Of course you will love, tho it may not feel like it now. I was widowed with 2 young boys, now I'm expecting with my fiance..he loves my boys as his own! I couldn't be happier love. It'll happen for you x

I'm in a similar situation like you Jess181989 thank you for starting this thread because I have been fighting with the same feelings/fears of never finding someone who will love me and want to be with me when I'm a single mom. Thank you to everyone else who have shared their stories and experiences it really is reassuring to hear them.

I haven't read past your first post but I thought i'd give you basic details of my story.
I got pregnant with my 1st child, FOB soon left. I was a single parent till my LO was about 8months old, then I met my OH. he has taken on my LO and given me another child, and we live together now and are getting married in 2014.

Hi,

I was a single mum when I was 20 and I thought that I was always going to be a single Mum. Then I met the man I'm now married to. My DD was 8 at the time that we started dating, but they got on so well. Last year the adoption came through and we are now one big happy family. We also have a DS together and my DD loves boing a big sister. I really thought that this was not on the cards for me but life has a habit of doing the opposite of what we expect sometimes.

I'm sure that you will have no problems finding a guy who will love you and your baby. There are so many nice guys out there but it's just the bad ones get more press.

I met my soulmate 5 years ago. I had a daughter of 9, a daughter of 8 and my son was 6. The children still see their dad regularly but call my fiancé pops!! He is the most amazing man I've ever known. I wasn't looking for a relationship cos I'd been badly hurt but we were re introduced by friends and the rest is history!! We're getting married next year on July 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"