will I EVER get married after becoming a single parent?

Of course you will!! I was married for 7 years before filing for divorce. At the time my daughter was 6. I would go out and meet guys and wouldn't tell them I was divorced or even had a daughter until I hung out with them for a while.. Well, now that I think about that, I shouldn't have hid it. If they didn't want to accept it, then screw em. After dating different guys for about a year after divorce, I met up with an old friend on Facebook. He was a guy I "went out" with for a week in 6th grade. Turns out he had full custody of his 10 year old daughter and he knew I had a daughter right off the batt because he saw pics of her on facebook. He had no problem with it at all. We got real serious right away, got married 6 months later and now expecting our first together. He is planning on adopting my now 8 year old, because her father (my ex husband) passed away in November from Colon cancer. She absolutely adores my husband and to be honest he is more than a father to her than her biological dad ever was. It may take time, but it will happen. You want whats best for you and your baby, so my advice is don't rush into anything. You will know when you meet the right person, and like I said it will happen!! GL to you!!

I know many women that have. And you're gorgeous and look like a very sweet girl so I don't think you'll have any problems meeting a good guy.

I have a friend who got pregnant, but the father wasn't involved. She married someone else, then got divorced. Now she's been seeing someone for almost a year and he's a really nice guy. Don't worry, you can still find love, someone who will love both you AND your little one.

first off let me start by saying that your man is not a man for not facing the responsibilities, it takes two to make a baby not one... anyway, I know a friend who is a single mother, and she managed to find a real guy who loved her for her, and wanted her in his life even if she had a child by another man. with that said, it is possible to find love, a baby does not hold you from having someone to love you, who ever it is will love you and will accept you with or without kids. that's if you deal with a MAN, not a child. Good luck with everything and keep yourself together. you are a beautiful person inside and out.

Lovely stories ladies. Shows how many good men are out there :D

I was a single mum too 2 DD's when I got with my now DH. We had known each other through friends and had probably only met twice since our friends had been together. In that time (3-3 an half yrs) I had my 2 DD's. 1st DD's dad left me when I was 3 months pregnant then I fell pregnant with DD 2 after a 1 nite stand (1st and last lol) I was on the pill so was very shocked when I found I was expecting again (I was already 12 wks) anyway I swore off men and gave up all hope of meeting a nice guy :(

Anyway when 2nd DD was 2 weeks old I bumped into my now DH, we had a cuppa and a long chat in a local cafe. He told me how his mate was going to ask my mate to marry him and then when we was saying goodbye he said "see you at the end of the month when we celebrate the engagement" lol Later that week he asked my friend for my number but she didn't want to give it without asking me so she said she would give me his. I text him that day she gave me his number (his birthday) we text all day then he asked if he could take me and my girls to the beach for the day. We had a fab day followed by a lovely evening at our friends BBQ. A week later we went out to celebrate our friend engagment and decided to became a couple that night (DD was a month old) we have been together 10 years this year, bought a house together a yr after getting together and got married 2 yrs after getting together. We have a 7 yr old DS together and now expecting again :)

My girls call him dad and have even taken his surname (1st DD was 4 when we was planning our wedding and asked if she could have the same surname as me when I get married) DH doesn't treat the girls any different to our DS. We have had ups and downs from 1st DD's real dad but he is such a waste of space that he gave up on the court battle that he started :( My DH's family have accepted me and the girls and have always classed the girls as their own grandchildren.

It will happen and you will find Mr Right, probably when you least expect. Having a child dosen't mean you you will remain on the shelf for the rest of your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->