Will i go into labour early?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by booker1981, Jan 27, 2011.

1. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

Im 35 1/2 weeks and have me section booked for 21st feb, so about 3 1/2 weeks. Went to midwife yesterday and im measuring 37 1/2 weeks and baby is 1/5 engaged. This is my second baby and im paranoid about going into labour early, what do you think?

2. MrsLo

MrsLo Well-Known Member

I was measuring 40 weeks when I was only 35 weeks.
    Now I'm 39+3 and still pregnant. (UNFORTUNATELY!!!!) :)
    My doctor has never told me how engaged baby is though. But he dropped noticeably during week 35...

Hopefully that makes you feel a little better, even though everyone's different.

3. punkiedog99

punkiedog99 Member

I had an u/s today and am 33.5 weeks. The baby is measuring over 38 weeks. Doctor said to hope for two more weeks as he just doesn't expect me to last (they guessed he was 6 pounds, 11 ounces).

With both of my previous boys, they measured two and three weeks ahead, respectively and were engaged by 36 weeks. I had them both at 37.5.

Really though, I would just take it easy and try not to stress (easier said than done). I have had several friends walk around at 4-6 centimeters and at -1 or 0 for a week or two before going into labor. So really it is tough to call I think.

4. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

Thank you. I cant stop worrying. I never had all these aches and pains and pressure with my first and i just dont want to go into labour before my section date. Wish i could relax and stop worrying about every little thing. Thanks again x

5. Tanikit

Tanikit Well-Known Member

I am due to have an induction at 38 weeks (3 weeks time) but unlike you I would like to go into labour early. Baby has also dropped a couple days back but I have no clue how engaged she is. I did get told at the hospital that quite a few mothers did go into labour before a 39 week scheduled C-section and that it is usually second time or more mothers, but then they just go in in labour and have a C-section. Good luck - hope your baby stays in til your scheduled section.