Will it be too late?

AshleyMattos

Reaction score
I finally got a positive OPK this morning but my husband is at work for another 9 hours. Am I out this month? Will it be too late?

*UPDATE*

I forgot to mention that the urine I used was about a half hour after my fmu. Could that cause a false positive? The test line was the same color as the control line, not any darker. I took another opk at 8pm and it looks a slight shade away from a positive. Do you think I'm getting my surge yet or not? I've attached my 8pm test for you to see.

Attachments

• 2015-10-07 20.26.29.jpg
    2015-10-07 20.26.29.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 4
You are suppose to ovulate 12-48 hours after your first opk. So I would say definitely not out. I would dtd as soon as possible though.

You should be right on time!
A positive OPK usually means ovulation will happen within 24 to 48 hours so your timing is great! Try to get some on tomorrow as well and you're definitely in with a good chance

No it won't cause a false positive. Fmu is actually not supposed to be used for opk's. But lots of women get a positive with it. The only false positives are if you surge and don't ovulate (which you won't know for sure unless you got a progesterone blood test) and if you have a good amount of hcg in your system (but not always).

it's also normal for it to stay a bit dark on later tests or lighten. I got a negative on fmu but tested again at 7pm and got a positive.

if you tested in the morning and got a positive and had sex that night and the next 2 nights then you have a decent chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->