Will my baby be okay!?

uhhitsmimi

Reaction score
So me and my oldest sister have never really gotten along all that great... There's always been some tension between us. I'm 22 she's 26. Well I had my 3rd child (1st baby boy) a couple days ago. He's 5 days old now. Ever since he was born I've made it clear to EVERYONE that whoever wanted to visit him needed to wash their hands before and not kiss baby!! So after he was born, while I was at the hospital I made every single person who went to visit him do just that and everybody followed rules. And my luck the day after I got discharged I ended up catching a cold. But I am being extra cautious. I use hand sanatizer everytime I touch him to change his diaper, feed/burp him. (He is formula fed.) And dad has also. I haven't even kissed him since I got sick, cheeks or mouth. I've been staying at my moms for a couple days because she's been giving me an extra hand. Well today my sister got off work to visit (she has a cold) and I happen to be in the living room and baby in the bassinet and she goes to hold him and before she picks him up i asked her to put on hand sanatizer and not kiss him she completely ignored me and ends up just grabbing him anyway and ended up kissing him on his mouth then puts him back down and says "okay now I'm going to go wash my hands now" giggling. It pissed me off so BAD she literally took what I said as a joke and I felt like she did it on purpose just to tick me off and she said he will be fine. It got me so mad because I have made everyone follow my rules and me myself haven't even kissed him to be safe and she ends up ruining everything!!!! I told her if he ends up getting sick it will be ALL on her and she didn't take it serious. I'm so angry I needed to rant. Will he be fine? I'm so scared. I feel terrible. :-(:-(

Mil did this but took it to the extreme. She wouldnt let anyone visit for the first year. No one. It put a wedge between everyone. Then MiL and her partner moved away, then broke up. We did joke that they were bubble babies, she had them living in a bubble, which is unrealistic.

I think it's your baby, do you, but you cant shield them from everyone and everything. There should be some give at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->