Will my pelvic floor EVER recover...

hapi2bhealthy

Mummy to 1 princess
Reaction score
Ughhh, I just feel like it's shot to sh!t!! I don't have incontinence but it's still pretty weak: I can feel it when I sneeze, I pee a little when I poop, and when I use a tampon on the first day of my period I can feel my pelvic floor almost cramping up trying to hold it in!! :dohh: Admittedly, I don't do load of PF exercises but come on...how much do I really have to do to get it back in reasonable shape? I'm freaking out a little how bad it will be after the next few babies...!!

How are all yours holding up after pushing out a baby or two? 6 months on I thought it would be way better. darn it.

Mine was quite bad, for a few weeks post birth I'd pee when I saw the toilet :wacko:

I've done quite a lot of pf exercises as well as exercise in general and everything is back to how it was before baby. I'd just get exercising if I were you, it will get better :)

Mine is still crap 10 months on! I have just started an exercise programme to help me shed the last of the baby weight so I'm hoping that'll help :)

Mine is horrible and I do pee all the time. I find the more exercise (not pf exercise just exercise) I do the better it is though so guess if I get in shape again it might come right.

My pf isn't great either, really should do some exercises.
I did do a few pilates classes and I think they really helped but haven't been in ages and I'm feeling a tiny bit leaky!

Yes, it gets better! I had a 4th degree episiotomy and it took time. At a year postpartum I finally feel "normal" down there. I know that kegel exercises can help; I didn't do them because I can never figure out "how" and I'm very lazy ;)

Woot this gives me hope!! I had a 2nd degree tear, i didn't realise that kind of thing would make a difference though? It's felt distinctly different since pushing. I only pushed for 40mins, but it was with immense pressure (syntocin driven, grrr) and I feel like by the end of next pregnancy the maybe could just fall out!!

Mine were a disaster after having my daughter. It took about 9 months but they gradually improved again, even though I was rubbish at doing kegels. And I never had the same problems with incontinence during my second pregnancy - I had assumed it would only get worse, but 2nd time around I had no problems that way. Though I only had to push for about 10 minutes compared to 2+ hours the first time, and I didn't need an episiotomy like the first time, just a bit of tearing, so maybe that had something to do with it? :shrug:

Mine's rubbish. I still pee when I cough or sneeze. Quite embarrassing really.

Mines actually better since I've had my second!

mine was shit after ds2. but is only now better. after 4 months. but i did the floor exercises every day! only now i miss some days. but only coz it is better finally. almost back to normal i must say. i do the 5 times count til 10. and do that 3 times. and then 20 quick ones.

After pushing out at 10lb+ baby, mine was atrocious! I did wear in continence pads for a while!
However, I can say I am almost normal now! I can't hold it well anymore, when I need to wee, need to wee.... Now! But I don't leak and I can usually hold it while I sneeze or cough!

Mine is rubbish 9 months pp.

Had forceps and episiotomy which probably didn't help. I've been referred do physio for it, got my first app next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->