will never trust $store Ovulation tests ever again

ajr1990

Reaction score
I am convinced I totally missed my ovulation this month due to using $store ovulation test. I thought I had an almost + the other day but it never truly turned in to be a true positive.. well got my amazon order today and took same time/same urine and WOW look at the difference. I def did not cover my bases a few days ago as I did not think I was ovulation.. I trusted the $store tests.. but NEVER again. Beware of these tests :nope: I am not convinced I did O the other day and missed my chance this month :/

As you can see, faint but VERY visible line on the amazon test.. absolutely ZERO line on the $store test :growlmad: Not good. I can almost guarantee the almost + $store test a few days ago would def be a ++ on the amazon brand.

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 19
I agree with you about the tests. I have used these and they were not sensitive enough. When I was ovulating, the test line never got darker than the control, not even as dark as the control. The internet cheapies are great. Once I started using them, I never looked back. They worked for me three times so far!

As for missing your ovulation, how long ago did you get what you thought wasn't quite positive? The egg isn't released until 12-36 hours after you get a positive opk and then it is usually viable for up to 3 days after that so I would get to :sex: if I were you! You might still be able to catch the egg!

I agree with you about the tests. I have used these and they were not sensitive enough. When I was ovulating, the test line never got darker than the control, not even as dark as the control. The internet cheapies are great. Once I started using them, I never looked back. They worked for me three times so far!

As for missing your ovulation, how long ago did you get what you thought wasn't quite positive? The egg isn't released until 12-36 hours after you get a positive opk and then it is usually viable for up to 3 days after that so I would get to :sex: if I were you! You might still be able to catch the egg!

I went ahead and marked the day with a + and will see what happens. I got the almost + on cd 10 and think I o'd on cd 12. I bd the day before and two days before but not on day of if it was the 12. You can see on my chart..

this was the test..
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=455911
It was never a true positive but I truly believe now looking at the $store text next to a IC test.. It's as + as it would of ever gotten.

Ack!! Right there with you! Just logged on here after taking dollar tree ov tests and I am so confused! (thought the first test was a fluke, so took two -) and both tests have faint control lines and faint test lines? Like there is barely any dye at all in either one of them? I have a couple more and ill try them this evening but pretty certain theyll be funky as well.

Don't know about any dollar tree tests these days!! They used to be my go too! They gave me bfp before FRER and other expensive tests when i was pregnant with my daughter. But i swear theyve gotten worse. Just a couple weeks ago i had to start a thread on the pregnancy test section because I was getting blazing positives from dollar tests when i knew there was absolutely no way i could be pregnant!!

Okay - sorry for the rant, OP :flower: we are probably better off just trusting amazon ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->