will not go to bed

tristansmum

Reaction score
my 7 month old has never been great at self soothing at bedtime. used to take bottle, get very drowsy, put him down nd he'd fall asleep. suddenly bedtime is awful. he has gone off milk and no longer accepts bottle. so nothing to send him off. he hates being rocked in my arms while i'm sitting. wants me to hold him upright against my chest while i stand which is killing my lower back. also he light evenings are making it worse. anyone else going through the same???

Hi i'm going thru exactly the same thing with my 10month old!! He seems to b getting worse as he's git older, he'll now finish his bottle then climb up in his cot and will only calm down wen i hold him standing up! :( haven't got any advice for u but i'll b watching this thread for advice :) goodluck x

Hi i'm going thru exactly the same thing with my 10month old!! He seems to b getting worse as he's git older, he'll now finish his bottle then climb up in his cot and will only calm down wen i hold him standing up! :( haven't got any advice for u but i'll b watching this thread for advice :) goodluck x

its just so frustrating cause i can tell he is tired. my back is so bad today i just can't do it tonight. he is currently screaming in his room as he will not settle with me holding him.

i want my evenings back! LOL

I can't remember the last time u had an evening to myself!!? I'm usually so tired by the time i've got him to sleep that i'm in bed myself! Lol
some ppl suggest leaving them to cry but i could never do that, i think i may have spoilt him :s hopefully someone will have some advice for us xx

I can't remember the last time u had an evening to myself!!? I'm usually so tired by the time i've got him to sleep that i'm in bed myself! Lol
some ppl suggest leaving them to cry but i could never do that, i think i may have spoilt him :s hopefully someone will have some advice for us xx

i can't do controlled crying either. i leave him for a minute so that i can calm myself if i'm feeling annoyed and then go back to him. he is in bed now after falling asleep with me on the sofa. i know its getting into bad habits but not sure what else to do

I was about to post similar about my LO. She is driving me MAD, she will only nap if i am with her and on a night she just wont go to sleep, i have to stay in the room stroking her to get her to sleep and then half an hour later she will wake and just stands in her cot crying! I dont know what to do, I have tried everything, she cried before i even get her in her cot.

I was about to post similar about my LO. She is driving me MAD, she will only nap if i am with her and on a night she just wont go to sleep, i have to stay in the room stroking her to get her to sleep and then half an hour later she will wake and just stands in her cot crying! I dont know what to do, I have tried everything, she cried before i even get her in her cot.

its so hard isn't it i look at him when he is so upset and all he wants is to be with me and have that comfort and my heart melts. its not his fault he doesn't understand bedtime. i just wish i could have a calm evening. the tears are awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->