Will peeing after sex decrease my chances of getting pregnant?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I usually pee afterwards because otherwise I end up with a UTI but it seems counterproductive when TTC because I feel like everything just drips out then? :wacko:

Hi there, not sure how much help I will be I don't know the medical truth behind your question but its funny you ask that as I still remember when I was 17 and my bf mom told me to make sure I pee directly after sex if we have it unprotected and it will help kill and empty out the sperm. Now like I said I have no clue it that is true or has any truth behind it, its just something I remember.... Have you asked your OBGYN?

I always pee after sex everytime & fell pg with my son just fine.. :)

Some will come out but not all.
It's definitely worth waiting an hour or so afterwards if you can.

I've always pee'd after sex otherwise I get a uti and I've conceived fine this time and previous two times, so much so this time I have no idea when I fell pregnant :p

I too have an issue with recurrent UTIs. I peed immediately after BD every single time while trying for both DS and DD and they were both conceived first cycle.

Thanks everyone, good to know I don't need to risk UTI while TTC (currently on antibiotics for one because I was trying not to get up right after) so I will continue my routine of peeing and taking cranberry pills after and hoping I will still fall pregnant because man, this sucks.

How awful! Hopefully you're almost done with the antibiotics--which one did they put you on? I remember getting awful stomach aches from cephalexin and amoxicillin, and if I recall correctly even getting yeast infections from some of the UTI antibiotics I was given :( My UTI problem was so bad in my early twenties that I had to pee AND take a nitrofurantoin immediately afterward, every single time I had sex for a one-year period.

My personal procedure now, while TTC, is to BD, pee, and then immediately lay back down for 20 minutes. And yep some is always lost when I get up to pee, but laying back down afterward still helps keep a lot of it in.

That's what I think I'll do from now on. They put me on one I've never had before called macrobid. Little black and yellow capsules. I checked with her that it was okay for pregnant women, juuust in case and she said that it was fine in the early stages of pregnancy but not late.

That's the one I took for a year! (Macrobid is the brand name for nitrofurantoin.) If I remember correctly that one isn't so bad with respect to side effects. Never took it while PG, I think they gave me keflex when I got a UTI during pregnancy (4 pills a day, yick), but I do think macrobid covers a pretty broad range of bacteria. Hopefully you are feeling better and don't have to be on it for much longer!

Thanks, me too! Good to know that it doesn't carry too many side effects, I'm on it for a week. Recurrent UTI's are the worst.

After sex I try to lay down for AT LEAST 10-15 mins. I figure whoever has "made" it is the winning sperms and the rest that will fall out when I pee are just the ones who would have never made it. HAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->