will someone please look at my measurements?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
A tad concerned, even though I was told everything was fine.
Here are my measurements from todays scan
Ok, so Im 32 weeks, and I was measuring 35 in some areas, dunno what thats all about.. anyway, here goes

BPD = 84mm
HC = 316mm
FC = 297mm
FL = 63mm

My notes say 'normal growth', but im not too sure about that now!
What were YOUR measurements?

Never had a 35 week scan to compare, don't think most people do. I have my 20 week measurements from Alex though if that's any help to compare :)

Why aren't you sure on the measurements? What's worrying you?

hey thanks for replying.
Well the sonographer claimed my baby weighs 5lb already, which is worrying me, and I have looked online and typed in some of the measurements from todays scan, and certain parts of babies body is measuring at 35 weeks as a pose to 32- as this is my first baby, I dont know whats normal and whats not. :(

i will dig my results out in a bit x

mine at 30 weeks exactly were:

BPD:80mm
HC:286mm
FL:60mm
EFW:1.47kg = 3lb 2oz

Thing is though every baby is different so comparng to others will probably worry you more. If the midwives aren't concerned then relax, if they were at all worried they would have said.

mine at 30 weeks exactly were:

BPD:80mm
HC:286mm
FL:60mm
EFW:1.47kg = 3lb 2oz
They obviously got the weight wrong for my baby, because there aint much difference between our sizes, given i was 2 weeks ahead!!!!!
Thanks for that! :)

Louise it doesnt necessarily mean they have the weight wrong, Rebecca was a long baby but wasnt heavy (born 56cm, 8lb 8oz) so the one I am carrying might be long and just not heavy again.

If they are inducing you they will know ur baby is measuring big/heavy. x

What was worrying me, was the thought of the measurements being wrong. Say for instance, his head being totally huge for his gestation, and his legs being quite small- thats the first thing that went through my mind when I heard he was around 5lbs- are heavy babies a problem? or is the problem the measurements? if that makes sense? thanks for explaining.

He's just been enjoying too much of the goodness out of mummy's food!

Honestly dont worry, if it was anything like that, they and u probably would of seen on the scan. He is just a healthy lil boy!

My friend had a baby girl in January-11lb 8oz! ooouucchh! :wacko:

He's just been enjoying too much of the goodness out of mummy's food!

Honestly dont worry, if it was anything like that, they and u probably would of seen on the scan. He is just a healthy lil boy!

My friend had a baby girl in January-11lb 8oz! ooouucchh! :wacko:
Im still not getting the hang of this lol-
My friend had a 10lb baby but she was a very large girl herself- Im only small and dr's estimated that my baby would be no bigger than 6lbs-
Thin runs in our family, I hope I havent 'over fed' my poor baby already!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight, or atleast try to anyway- as long as the measurements fit, (which they appear to be doing) the weight doesnt mean anything?
Do forgive me, like I said, I havent got a bloody clue! x

Big people don't always have big babies - I weighed in at a whopping 15st 6lb at the end of my first pregnancy and Ella was a petite 6lb 8.5oz, was around 14st with Alex and he was 6lb 1oz (was a bit early, but still wouldn't have been huge).

So true Kina, Im weighing in at 16st 1lb just now :blush:

dunno about that as I was huge went from 7stone to 13 with chloe and she was only 8lb 8 but gained nothing with amelia ok 4 pounds and she was 8lb13 2 weeks earlier f**k she would have been easy 10lb +

Don't worry im sure all is fine. If you worry about measurements and compare your baby with others you will end up a nervous wreck!! just get on with what you're doing, eat healthily and don't look at the figures! If there was a problem, the midwife would definitely tell you. :)

Trust me (and it's easy to say now) but you will do this comparing and worrying when baby comes as well, but after you've settled into your routine, you will forget all the other babies and realise YOUR baby is not every other 'perfect' little baby you read about. Look.. I was accused of overfeeding my baby because we chose to take her to A&E as she vomited in her sleep and panicked herself (she was fine, but we were worried and wanted to be 100% sure she was alright). Apparently we were in the wrong because we gave her 130ml of milk instead of 100ml!! that was rubbish though, they just needed a reason to explain a bit of a sickly baby. It panicked me loads at the time and up until recently I was always worried I was "overfeeding" her.

(By the way, I know you weren't talking about when baby is born, but im just trying to show you not to worry, I couldn't give a crap about those idiots saying we were overfeeding her now lol). Im sure you will do the best job you can with your little one, and the baby has to come out so don't worry about how big it is, Bethanie was only 7lbs.. but shes very long now, so heavier than a few babies. As soon as they crawl etc, it will fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->