Will the fear of a miscarriage ever go away?

AshleyMattos

Reaction score
I miscarried in the beginning of November at 6 weeks, and ended up pregnant again two weeks later. I'm 10 weeks pregnant now, and ever since I found out at 4 weeks, I've just been constantly fearing another miscarriage. The thought never goes away. I had an early scan at 8 weeks, and saw the heartbeat. I just can't shake this feeling though that at my 12 week scan in 11 days, that my fear is going to come true. I just hope if all is well at my next scan, this feeling will go away. I'm just not sure it will. It's horrible. I just want to enjoy this pregnancy.

Sadly, I don't think it goes away once you have experienced one. I had one with my first pregnancy, and fell pregnant with my LO two months later. I was petrified until she was safe in my arms!

I'm pregnant again & scared still. I don't think I'll relax & enjoy a pregnancy ever.

Thanks for the honest reply. I guess I should be thankful that my 1st pregnancy was perfect and I got to enjoy it. It just sucks to feel this way when it's supposed to be a happy time in your life. I'm hoping once I start feeling baby kicking, the fear will subside at least a little bit.

So sorry you feel like this :( xxx I'm petrified too although I have had 3 perfectly "normal" pregnancies I can't shake this feeling off either .... it's a super maternal instinct I'm sure 😊 xxx I just try to relax as much as possible and talk positively about this pregnancy xx I'm still a nervous wreck with my boys now so I don't think it ever goes away xx hugs xx

Sorry for you loss Ashley. I feel exactly the same - two first tri mc the most recent being in August and now pregnant again a few months later. I think first tri is always characterised by worry but after a loss, it's an anxiety you can't shake. But the good thing is that you saw a heartbeat at 8w so the prognosis is good! Xx

I feel exactly the same. Always have and I've had 9. Until there safe and in m arms I am never going to stop worrying. I am now due only days before last Marchs' MC (Jake) and I am confused as to whether to feel happy or sad about that. In a weird way I feel this pregnancy is Jakes present to me.

This month was our last chance to fall pregnant before his angelversary and I was so mad that we only BD 3 days prior to O. I scored a 'low' on FF. I was so sure I was out.

I did not have a miscarriage, but my first pregnancy was ectopic. We had two weeks to get super excited about it and then we had to end it. I was terrified that something would go wrong with the second and everything ended up perfect. I was also terrified with this third, although all has gone well so far. I think once you experience a loss of any kind, it will always linger.
With my second I started feeling much better once he started moving and kicking on a regular basis, but it was always in the back of my mind. I used the doppler at home every day until I felt him moving.
I think it's just in our nature to worry. :(

I don't think it does. I'm hoping after 13 weeks it gets better though.

I feel exactly the same. Always have and I've had 9. Until there safe and in m arms I am never going to stop worrying. I am now due only days before last Marchs' MC (Jake) and I am confused as to whether to feel happy or sad about that. In a weird way I feel this pregnancy is Jakes present to me.

This month was our last chance to fall pregnant before his angelversary and I was so mad that we only BD 3 days prior to O. I scored a 'low' on FF. I was so sure I was out.

Wow!!! I remember you from the waiting to try boards! So happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!

Wow!!! I remember you from the waiting to try boards! So happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks hun! Yep, happy to be here. Thrilled, excited and very, very, very grateful to be here. Had some really bad times on TTC boards, mainly with people who got pregnant after 1/2 cycles. Infertility sucks, but I'm here now and that's all that matters. :D

I've not had a miscarriage but from the moment I found out with my LO I worried about it. He's now 2 and I still check he's breathing lol. I'm now pregnant with number 2 and constantly worried as this pregnancy is so different to my last.

I think once you've actually had a MC, then you're just extra worried. You're always a little worried knowing people have MC's but when it happens to you it makes you extra worried! Each and every time you MC it makes that worry a lot worse as well!

I think once you've actually had a MC, then you're just extra worried. You're always a little worried knowing people have MC's but when it happens to you it makes you extra worried! Each and every time you MC it makes that worry a lot worse as well!

I couldn't agree more!

My first pregnancy ended up being ectopic which required tubal surgery, then I fell pregnant with my daughter 3 months later, she turned two at the end of December :cloud9:

I fell pregnant in August last year, but sadly had a MMC which required a D&C in October. So my anxiety is through the roof with this pregnancy! I've already had an early scan and saw a strong heartbeat, but it still doesn't ease my fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->