Will they keep me in?

gbromley2007

Reaction score
Last week at my MW appt i had slighly high blood pressure and they were torn between sending me for a blood pressure profile or leave it, i was left but told to get in touch if things got worse because i had bad swelling in feet,legs and hands. yesterday my family insisted i call the MW and after much nagging i did, it was high so i was sent to the hospital and my blood pressure went down steadily and everything was fine except my urine sample they said they found blood in it and wasnt sure what it was, it was either a bit of my plug or water infection but i had just finished a course of meds for a water infection this monday gone surely it couldnt be that or am i just sooo excited about the prospect of having my baby soon?? anyway i have to go in tomorrow for another profile, do you think they will keep me in if my BP is high even though my blood was fine yesterday?

Not sure, but I would be prepared to stay in since you're due to pop soon they may induce if there's any concerns.

that is what i am hoping for, kind of. isnt it suppose to hurt more if your induced though?

I dunno, I've always gone naturally but would gladly take an induction now, right now.

Hell it's gonna hurt anyway. It's always puzzled me though, how do they people know if it hurts more being induced or not???? We only every give birth once to the same baby and all labours are different! Something you'll never know!!!

Have a go at renewing your house insurance, that's what I'm doing right now and it sure as hell must be raising my BP!!!!! Silly cow at Churchill!! (sorry for that)

I'd be prepared just in case, cant hurt to throw your cases in the car to be on the safe side! xxx

Not sure if it is any help, but I've had blood pressure problems at the end of this pregnancy. I had to stay in one night to stabalise it, but now I'm on medication they are happy to just monitor it. They said that before inducing me, they'd up the medication, despite me being pretty far along! Not sure if that is standard practice or just what my Consultant prefers, but they are wanting me to go into labour naturally.

I would take your stuff just incase.

I think it seems to vary on the hospital and whoever is in charge of your care as my friends sister was admitted with high blood pressure and turned out to be pre eclamsia and they kept her in until baby arrived yet my friend was just closely monitored for a week then they bought her in 10 days early to be induced.

I guess it really depends on your midwife or doctors opinion.

Yep it def depends on your doctor. They will also tend to induce when they are not so swamped. I would bring your bags incase. I too have had blood in my urine for four weeks almost 5 weeks straight and she now thinks it is my plug. I had meds and normally the meds clear it up except for this time. I hope everything works out for you

I guess it depends if there are other symptoms apart from high BP. I've been in hospital today as my MW was concerned about mine and I had a trace of protein, but today it was all clear. They just took bloods and sent me home. (I'm 38+1).

thanks for all the comments! what would i do without you girls. i go tomorrow and see what is going on but will be on alert if anything changes. my feet have swollen up more and my legs and hands. just depends i guess! it stresses me not knowing, i cant win. hugs to everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->