Will you be trying for a particular gender?

clementyne

Reaction score
We really wanted a boy first time round, so we purposely tried for one and got one. This time I'm open to either sex (though of course I would have been happy if we had a girl last time) but I'm just thinking about family dynamics and whether to try again for a particular gender... my son keeps asking for a sister, and I've read that boy/girl combos are calmer than boy/boy, but I suppose because I have two brothers I just pictured us having sons and never really considered a daughter though I am now. Is anyone playing on trying for a particular gender and why?

Just to clarify, we will be grateful whatever we get! :)

I would like to have a boy first.

We just had a thread on this that you might be interested in, only a few days ago:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/waiting-to-try/2175721-trying-boy-girl.html

HTH.
:)

Ideally I would love a girl but I WOULD like to have a boy & girl so not worried about what order and as long as the baby is healthy I don't mind :)

We have two girls, I know my DH would really like to have a boy and I admit it would be nice to have a son as well as daughters but really health is what I care about most, as I'm sure most parents do. :)

We were ecstatic to have a little boy first, but this time around we'd really like to have a little girl for one of each. Of course we'd be happy no matter what we get as long as we have a healthy and happy baby, but a daughter would be nice.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to try for a boy last time? We weren't trying (DS was a "wonderful whoops") last time so I don't know what I should do to avoid conceiving another boy.

It took us 8 months to conceive our first so I would have been happy with either gender but was ecstatic when I got a girl because that was my preferred gender.

For #2, I wanted a boy so I could have one of each, but a part of me also wanted a sister for my little girl. I was worried that I might not be as excited about a boy since I loved my little girl so much and I felt I didn't know anything about raising a boy.

Fast forward 9 months and I've found that all fears I had over having a boy were totally unfounded. I'm totally in love with my little boy and can't believe I ever preferred one gender over the other in the first place.

For #3, I don't have a preference at all since I already have both a boy and a girl. I guess once you get your preferred gender it doesn't really matter as much any more.

As for family dynamics, I think it really depends more on the children's personalities than their genders. Calm and my dd just don't fit in the same sentence!

I've always wanted a boy first then two girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->