Will you work or stay at home

punkymom

Reaction score
Hi All!

So I am a freelance illustrator. Basically I can work from home but I don't make as much or steady money.

My husband works but money is really tight.

We are TTC and I think I have a job offer.

I was hoping to get advice.
Should I take the job and basically postpone baby in our life. ( I can't go in for ultrasounds...follical checks with a new job)

I really love doing illustration at home and think I would be sooooo much happier doing it. My husband wants me to stay at home because he knows I will be happier. But I don't know what to do now. :wacko:

Do I fallow my heart and try doing freelance or should I follow the money.

Any advice would be great!

If I was you, I would take the job. I obviously hope you get your BFP right now, but if you don't, then you have a few months to save etc. I. Not sure of your TTC background so forgive me.... But I've found most employers, especially if it's a permenant position, to be understanding of medical appointments. After all, you don't have to tell them what it's for. When you get pregnant you could always leave - you've had the experience of the job and might build more connections for freelancing. :)

I agree with PP... take the job and continue to TTC. Employers are understanding of doctors appointments. The steady money will help ease some of the stress of your budget

I talked with the husband and I am going to turn it down if I get the offer. I have been though a huge stress this last year and just beginning to calm down. I think my mental health is worth more than any money we could get.

I just need to remember that I need to look out for myself and take care of myself.

Also, My heart will be in doing illustration and not making websites.
I think I need to follow my heart.

Good stuff, as long as you're happy and healthy, that's what's important :)

My friend got her last job while she was 6 weeks pregnant. Obviously too early to tell people, but when she did tell her new boss a couple weeks later they were excited for her.

If it were me, I would do what makes me happy. So I wouldn't take the job and continue working from home, especially if I had my husbands support. But that's coming from someone who is VERY unhappy at her job and would be willing to take a pay cut to do something I I love.

In the grand scheme of things, I would love to be a SAHM, but I'm not sure it will ever be financially possible.

Do whatever makes you happy.
I would take the job because that would make me happy rather than staying home. So follow your heart is my advise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->