William & Penny??

starbucks101

Reaction score
OH and are thinking of these names for the bubba, just wondered what you girls thought, we've picked William after my grandad and Penny after my OH mum.

I love William, to me Penny is a nickname of Penelope, which is lovely but I'm not a fan of nicknames as first names :)

love william it oh nn and his sons mn :) will be our lil boys mn too, not keen on penny

my nephew is called william i love it and i think the name penny is cute

Oh i hate being honest sometimes as i don't want to hurt or offend, but i really don't like either of them. Obv my opinion though so take no note lol

I love William, to me Penny is a nickname of Penelope, which is lovely but I'm not a fan of nicknames as first names :)

Penelope would be a fine name with Penny as a nickname. As an adult she could choose.:thumbup:

I agree with people above. Penny is lovely but I would call her Penelope so that when she needs a "respectable" name for anything she can choose to use that.

William is lovely!

I agree with the above too!
Penny is too much a nickname to me. :)

My real name is Penelope, but everyone calls me Penny. I cant even remember anyone calling me Penelope! I quite like it cos its different ;-) x

My baby's dad likes William I don't my mum only likes it cos it's my dad's middle name and my dad died my son has his first name George as a middle name if my dad's middle name was Jeffrey Godfrey or Archibald she would like it.

Penny and William are lovely names. Penny doesn't feel like a nickname to me - I have known three Penny's (over 3 generations) who were not Penelope's including a boss at a Blue Chip company I used to work for. I think it is a perfectly respectable first name in its own right. I like that it has an old fashioned feel without being too try-hard or too overused. A friend has a 5 year old called Penny who's nickname is Tuppence - how cute is that? 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->