william still jaundiced??

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
well midwife came monday and william is still jaundiced its no where near as bad as when he wa born but its still there and he said if it not gone by today when he come then he may have to go into hospital and go under the uv lamp. has anyone else experienced this how long did they have to be under it for?

i know its for the best if he has to go in for the treatment but im dreading her coming today now.:cry:

Ellie was sent back to hospital at 2 wks old for jaundice testing but didn't have the lamp. There were some babies on the ward under the lamp when they had ust been born and they weren't fazed by it at all so don't worry in that sense. Ellie had bloods taken from her hand (prev had heel prick test on mat ward at 1 day old) and had a bag fitted inside her nappy to collect urine for testing. It ended up being breast feeding jaundice - are you BF or formula? Try not to worry, it's so common but i do understand as you just want everyting to be perfect for them. It's for the best to be tested and looked at. :hugs:

im expressing breast milk and giving in a bottle so breast feeding i guess, hopefully its just tht then but i understand they prefer to be safe than sorry thanks for the reassurance its just horrible after being at home nearly 3 weeks to think we have gotta go back in to hospital poor little man :(

You'll both be looked after. My bet is that it's BF jaundice which is fine I think. Ellie's results came back with that diagnosis and no treatment was needed. Well done for BF! All the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->