Wind out of my sails

Midgeelou14

Reaction score
Me and my husband have been trying for #2 for almost 6 months now. Our little boy is 3. I got pregnant with him on accident 4 months after an whoopsy that ended in miscarriage. The first few months trying for #2 I just waited for nature to take over thinking it would happen just like that like before. Then I looked at my charts and realized i ovulate late. So got all the ovulation tests and took to peeing on a stick twice a day. And it showed me that I did indeed ovulate when I suspected. We bd'd all the right days. Waited for my period and it didn't show. I took test after test and they all showed negative but af still didn't come. Until day 7 of being late. What a cruel joke my body is playing on me! Now I'm wondering if I don't ovulate late and I just did last month so that's why my period was late. Or because I do ovulate late, my luteal phase isn't long enough to sustain a pregnancy and I had a early m/c or I'm just stressing myself out and causing all sorts of havoc on my body. All I know is I'm emotionally done. I cried all day today, (could be the hormones).. I just don't get why I can get pregnant so easy when our lives weren't in the best place for a baby, and now that we're stable and happy. I can't get a baby here!!!!

My first was a surprise.. There is only one time he could have happened and he did. There will be a large age gap but now that my DH and I are trying, really trying... Nada. I wasn't expecting that. Honestly though, I felt like ttc was an experience I missed out on before so I'm trying to be thankful we are trying. I guess maybe the first one spoiled us.

I hear ya. Our DS also just turned 3 and he happened with a one time shot without really knowing anything about my body. We have been trying for a few months now since my m/c in October. But I am a firm believer that God will provide when He is ready and we couldn't be more blessed to already have one healthy child. When I'm feeling bad about myself, I think of the people that can't even conceive, or have lost children. I can't imagine how they feel.

I had annovulatory cycles for many years and when I finally did get my body to ovulate I had a terribly short luteal phase (all of this I'd never had known unless I hadn't started charting in addition to using opks). When I finally got everything working I had an ectopic and lost my left tube at 38 :-( I thought I'd never have a baby.

I got back on the wagon after surgery and started all my supplements again -vitex and progesterone cream were the key ones that moved O up in my cycles and got my luteal phase to 14 days. I finally got pregnant with dd and she's laying on me now. So ff to trying for number two being older with one tube and a short LP again I busted out my bag of old tricks and started vitex again. I got pregnant the first cycle I used it (and increased my dose since I was breastfeeding) and highly recommend it. If your not charting it sounds like you'd benefit from it greatly. It's takes the guessing and heartache out of irregular cycles and also if you have any issues it will make them easier to identity and treat whether through natural or medical treatments.

Good luck

:hugs: sorry Hun, I think when you think you're pregnant your body does all sorts of cruel things. I would just say you probably know your body best and hope that you find you ovulate the same time next cycle. Hopefully now you have a better idea you can time bding better and be closer to that bfp :hugs: have you tried charting? That's helped me this month x

That question is one I have been asking for a year now! Our son was conceived when we started dating..I was still in school finishing a DEC...and was on birth control! 4 years later we're still together and have been trying for 13 months with NOTHING. I take opks, I temp, I tried meds, I have relaxed, use preseed, now taking meds for mild pcos and still no pregnancy besides a m/c in October. These things just dont make sense and it really can rip a person apart. I hope you get your bfp soon, but remember 6 months to a year is a completly average range :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->