Winding advice

bluebell

Proud Mummy :)
Reaction score
On the whole Jay will burp everytime he is winded, but sometimes he won't and I was wondering if anyone has any advice??

I usually try winding him over the shoulder or sitting upright on my lap and sometimes neither will work. I am giving him infacol at the mo, which seems to be helping a bit with his trapped wind.

He's usually bad at night, I'll put him down in his cot after a night feed and being winded and he'll be really fidgeting / writhing around and I know it'll only be a matter of time before he's bawling :hissy: I get up and walk him round on my shoulder patting his back but it doesn't really seem to help :shrug: and it'll take quite a while to get him settled again.

Has anyone had similar problems or found a good method of getting up trapped wind?? I hate seeing him in pain / discomfort!! :(

xx

i jiggle jack up and down on my knees x that helps x

When Hannah's had a difficult burp to get up we've had some success with laying her (stomach down) across our laps, and gently patting her back. Just make sure you have a burp cloth under the mouth!

I used to do the same as vickie hun...it does wonders...xx

i used to lay leeon accross my knee but the one that worked best was gently bob him up and down on your knee whilst winding him reaaallly helped for me

I have to have Chase perform gymnastics sometimes to get a burp out. Jiggle on my lap, pat on the back, lean him back and then put him to sitting position where you will feel the tension in his stomach (this one tends to work some), rock him back and forth while he's in sitting position, stand up and press his stomach to my body a bit, etc. When all else fails, lay him down for a few minutes and then try and burp.

Trust me, often it takes Chase a long time to burp.

I have to have Chase perform gymnastics sometimes to get a burp out. Jiggle on my lap, pat on the back, lean him back and then put him to sitting position where you will feel the tension in his stomach (this one tends to work some), rock him back and forth while he's in sitting position, stand up and press his stomach to my body a bit, etc. When all else fails, lay him down for a few minutes and then try and burp.

Trust me, often it takes Chase a long time to burp.

This sounds a lot like me with Jay, sometimes it seems to take ages...

I resorted to bouncing on my birthing ball with him last night, which seemed to help him, but wasn't too good for my scar from the c-section!! :dohh:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->