winter babies

mummy2girls

Reaction score
do you think i will need a carrycot with the pushchair as my baby is going to be born end nov, its going to be freezing ive been looking at a few pushchairs and some you can add the option of the carrycot, im thinking will i need it? i know they are only in them for a few months/weeks but if its freezing cold weather or even snowing like it was last year! im thining about getting that option to add to the pushchair.

IMO yes you will definitely need one, both my boys were winter babies and so is this one. Baby will be nice and cosy and protected from the weather in the carrycot. Depending on size of baby but most will get 4-6mths out of a carrycot i know some carrycots are smaller than others depending on brands.
I loved getting out walking when they were small and plan on getting out for daily walks with this baby aswell obv if its peeing rain or pelting snow i wont although am going to buy snow wheels for my Bugaboo just incase i need to go out in the snow and cant drive.

i'm been thinking the same thing. we had a carry cot with our daughter (even though she was a summer baby) and used it till 6.5 months, we had the bugaboo cam.

we're now looking at the bugaboo bee and it doesn't have the option of the carry cot, although it does have a warm nest, and i'm torn :dohh: though we haven't been properly pram shopping yet, just been having a look.

i'd say if you have the option to add the carry cot on, then i'd go for it :D

Ive got a Silver Cross traditional style pram with carrycot and I love it but everyone said I wont use the carrycot so far. Im glad I have it though. x

I definetly want a carry cot as I plan on going a lot of walks and think baby would be much more comfortable lying flat x

i loved my carrycot on my pram it was great summer and winter summer caus it provided much better shade for the baby and winter caus they were tucked up nice and warm

yeah i would get one my son was born in may but i think newborns look much cosyer and warm and snug and safe in a carrycot than in just a normal pushchair.. In fact we went though 2 pushchairs because he out grew the graco carry cot so brought a m&p pramette then when he was old enough to sit up we got a loola and a few others to keep him parent facing however only used the graco/m&p and loola lol

my bub is gonna be born in October. wer going to get a snow suit and use a blanket to keep him extra snug :) his pram seat will do just fine :)

I'm just getting a pram (double pram) and I'm going to get a footmuff. Hopefully this will do but I have no option as DS will only be 17 months

My first LO is due in September and I've got the Silver Cross Sleepover which has a carrycot all ready for his/her arrival. My mum advised me to get a pram with a carrycot so LO can lie flat and be tucked in to keep warmer.

This baby is due early October so we wanted something with a carrycot as last year Oct was freezing and November we were several feet in snow, we didnt have the boot room or the inclination to push a massive pram though so have bought the graco symbio, detachable proper carrycot with mattress and the cover zips around rather than velcro so no drafts, then when baby bigger we can take that part off and attach the pushchair part. I like how the carrycot is a real carry cot but has levers on the back to make it collapse and fit in the boot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->