Winter holidays... Turkey vs Morocco

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Has anyone been for Xmas or early January and if so where to, how did you find it and how was the weather?

I can't afford long haul... Turkey and Morocco are coming back good prices. Cheaper than Canaries.

Weve just been to Turkey so im leaning to Morocco...Marrakech.. its the warmer temperature out of the 2 aswell. Has anyone been here and did you feel safe? Just worried about there being no beach and also is it too cold to use the pools that time of year? Tia.

We went to Morocco and loved it, but we stayed within our complex and never done any trips because we went June and it was just so hot, there's no way the kids would have coped going around markets or whatever. We stayedhere:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...rakech_Marrakech_Tensift_El_Haouz_Region.html

I'm pretty sure I've read people saying the pools weren't heated so it was too cold to use other times of the year, but I could be getting mixed up with elsewhere. My kids are fortunate to have been to some pretty great places and they maintain Morocco is their favourite.

We went to Morocco and loved it, but we stayed within our complex and never done any trips because we went June and it was just so hot, there's no way the kids would have coped going around markets or whatever. We stayedhere:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...rakech_Marrakech_Tensift_El_Haouz_Region.html

I'm pretty sure I've read people saying the pools weren't heated so it was too cold to use other times of the year, but I could be getting mixed up with elsewhere. My kids are fortunate to have been to some pretty great places and they maintain Morocco is their favourite.

Thank you thats actually one of the ones i was looking at- how did you find the complex? Food etc? I know some of the facilities will be reduced in January but ill be happy so long as i have food and drink and theres enough to keep the kids entertained!

Weve never been on a Winter hiday but last year Winter seemed so long that I just want something to look forward to, to break it up a little bit.
Ive found one with a heated pool in Agadir but its a little bit more money but 4/5 on trip advisor, i wouldnt go below 4/5.

It may no longer be considered the case but when we went (end of June going into July) was actually considered low season. Their low season is mid May to mid October. The hotel was really quiet, there wasn't often a time our kids shared a pool, until the last few days when we saw a big increase in French families.

Not all restaurants were open, food was very traditional but there was always something we liked. They make fresh omelets to order each morning which were delicious, fresh pizza to order at night. Cocktails were pretty awful, but all other alcohol was fine. The animation team make your holiday, they are there all the time making sure the kids are having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->