Winter Rainbows after 2015 winter loss

jaspie

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Thought I'd start this thread after our last one was closed. Looking forward to continuing to follow your journeys here!

So I'll start off, OH finally felt baby J kick tonight WOOHOO!!

Bernie how many weeks are you now, can't be long left for you! :happydance:

Struggled thinking of a title, happy to change it!

Hey Jaspie, thanx for starting the new thread! I have to say im a little pissed at the closing of our thread 😬
How are we all?
So glad OH felt baby kick, how exciting is that.
Bernie your due date is creeping so close, it seems to have flown by.
How are you fit and Hopie?
I'm doing OK, the SPD seems easier the last few days I'm just struggling to get comfy especially at night time and have stacks of pressure where baby is lying. I'm looking forward to the end of this pregnancy now and hoping the next few weeks go fast. DS has been poorly all week with a virus and inflammed ears the poor thing, blooming winter bugs! I've just gotten into bed now, ready for a rest 😀

Thanks for starting this Jaspie!! Yay for OH feeling Baby J kick. :happydance: Thomas played hard to get for ages before my DH got to feel kicks too. After DH would come running only for Thomas to hide DH would say "you're a little ba$tard just like your dad." :haha:

Glad you're feeling a wee bit better Blu but sorry DS is ill - hope the little guy gets well soon.

How are you Hopie and Bernie? Are you in the 2ww Hopie? Bernie you are so close now!!

I am out of work 2 hours early after the day from hell to go to my midwife appointment. On the plus side I found out I still have several vacay days left so I've already booked 2 of them off, yay!

DH and I have our first prenatal class (of 6) tonight.

Oooh exciting things happening fit! Hope you had a great antenatal class, I can't wait to start ours. They're not til January though.

Hope DS feels better soon Blu. The SPD sounds horrible, I'm glad it seems better. Fingers crossed! Not long and he'll be here!

I finally had a better night's sleep last night, I still woke up a fair bit but don't feel as tired today thank god! And it's V day today!! :happydance:

Happy v-day Jaspie and happy 24 weeks!!! Time is flying. :)

Prenatal class went well - I'm the furthest along in the class and will be 37 weeks when we finish - whoa.

Midwife appointment went great. My bump is now measuring a bit over a week ahead, Thomas demands roomy accommodations LOL. The midwife palpated him and he is head down and anterior which is ideal - hopefully he'll stay there.

Hope you ladies have a great day! not looking forward to work grrr but I just keep telling myself only 51 days until my last (half) day and I have 2 days off next week!

Hey ladies! glad I found you! bummer that we got shut down! Im doing well. we are all ready for jameson! until last night I realized i need to pack a hospital bag for me too lol 13 days til induction day!!!! Glad you guys are doing well. and Jaspie thats wonderful you feel him kicking!!! and blu this boy does the same thing!!! sorry about the app :( everything ok?

Hi! So glad to find you guys again.. Thank you Jaspie for setting up this new thread. Great name!! On the plus side of group getting closed, I finally managed to find your pregnancy journal and read back a bit - Adorable photo of baby bump-- you look just fabulous!!! Amazing OH felt baby J kick!!!! :)

I get so overwhelmed with all of the different groups/threads on this board, that I usually just stuck with our old one. Guess the moderator thought it was disrespectful since m/c board, but I like to think all of your stories gave lots of hope to anyone who might have read it. :)

Fit- you are just about 31 weeks now? Time sure is flying like crazy! Great appt. and yes, that would be ideal if baby Thomas stays in that position. :)
Good you get to take some extra much needed vacay days. How long maternity leave do you guys get in Canada?

Bernie - just about 12 more days!! Funny- I would probably think of packing my own bag at the last minute, glad you thought of it soon before. We are all soo excited for you!

Blu- sorry to be a moron but what is SPD? I hope you feel more rested tomorrow and yea- so many little kids sick this time of year. Hope DS feels all better soon. I think you need an all-about-Blu day on Saturday. :) Do whatever you want and get lots of r & r. I bet these last weeks of pregnancy will go fast..Time is flying.

Yes, I guess I'm on a sort of 2ww here. Chances really are like 1 in I dont even know how many thousand. Such a long shot. I had cramps yesterday, which was really strange. Implantation cramps 10 days after? Hmm.. I just like to symptom hunt because I am well, bored and feeling hopeful makes me happy. :)

Time to cook dinner for my parents.. Asian chicken..yum! Take care mamas-soon-to-be!

Hopie that's what I thought, that it might give people reading it some hope. But I guess if they clicked on it they would just see pregnancy chat rather than the journey it took to get there. I hope it didn't upset anyone. Oooh fx for implantation cramps! There's no reason it can't be your month.

13 days til induction day Bernie! Wow! I feel like it's gone so fast!

Fit glad you had fun at your antenatal class, I'll be 31 weeks starting my NCT classes and 36 weeks when I finish :)
OH and I started talking about what to do about work after maternity leave. I'm going to take a year off and then we're thinking of me working 2 days a week and OH working 3 days a week so that there's always one of us with the baby and then I'll get my full mat leave allowance and also mat leave in the future when we have our second. I like the thought of OH being with him for 2 whole days too just the 2 of them <3

Hi friends!
DS is much better thanks he will be back at school tomorrow, he ended up on antibiotics for a nasty ear infection and perforated ear drum the poor thing.
Hopie im so excited for your TWW, have everything crossed for you, what an amazing christmas gift that would be!! SPD is where the ligaments holding the pelvis together become too loose so the pelvis bones move and cause pain around the hips or between the legs! Its not much fun.
Jaspie your pregnancy is flying by rapidly and your bump is really cute, your plan for work post baby sounds good &#128077;
Bernie you will be a mommy in less than 2 weeks, OMG!! Cant wait to see pics of our first rainbow babe. Are you feeling ready?
Fit how was antenatal? Wouldnt worry too much about baby measuring ahead they never know how much water etc there is and theres plenty time for it to change. Are you feeling ok?
Im 33 weeks today, really think I need to start packing my hospital bag soon, I still need to get a few bits and pieces like a few nighties, granny pants and toiletries. Im looking forward to getting babies room sorted now then we just need to get his car seat and moses basket etc down out of the loft.
Lovely that we can all still keep in touch &#128522; xx

Thanks Blu and Jaspie. :) Strange to have cramps like I did the other day!

Jaspie- that is so awesome you get 1 year off maternity leave (I think it is like 8 weeks here). And soo great baby J will spend 2 days with his dad and the other 3 with you. That is so sweet!
Yes- I like to think our old post gave people hope. While really bored once, I read a thread that actually had as many posts as our's did..I skimmed a lot but it was interesting to see how the ladies ended up over the years! (ttc after a loss board).
CONGRATS on V day, I forgot to say that yesterday!

Blu- thanks for explaining SPD. Ouch. Did you have that while pg with your son? Are there any stretches that could help - or anything that helps? Glad it is a bit better today and glad DS is on the mend with the rx.
Amazing you are 33 weeks today! And Bernie will be a mom in less than 2 weeks. Thanks for the excitement and well wishes, I guess next week I will know but chances might be higher of actually winning the lottery. :)

Fit- how are you and what are the classes like?

I'm going to take a few days off from the internet, from my parents, from life, really. I haven't given much effort to my relationship..so we're going to enjoy some time over the next few days. I feel badly leaving my mom for 5 full days, but I need a break, as terrible as that sounds. I hope to come back next week refreshed and can't wait to see all your updates! Wonderful weekend, everyone and Blu- get some good rest!

Hopie have a wonderful (and well deserved) break.
Fx you return with news of a BFP!!

Glad DS is better now Blu! Good luck with getting the nursery sorted, then hopefully you can relax!

You are sooo close Bernie - can't wait to see pics of Baby Jameson and hear his birth story. <3

Jaspie what a great plan for you and OH to work reduced hours after mat leave so someone is always with Baby J. I so wish we could do that too, but the cost of living is so ridiculous here. Not that the cost of daycare isn't as well. Thankfully we get a year of mat leave here too so it's a while before we have to worry about daycare for Thomas. I just wish a heap of money would fall out of the sky in the meantime LOL.

Thomas was very active yesterday, love it. Last night I had a book and then a dinner plate resting on my bump and he kept kicking them off...DH was dying laughing. This weekend is our maternity photo shoot and our 6 year wedding anniversary, and next week I have 2 days off work!

Have a good time away hopie! blu, so glad your son is doing better!!! fit Im very jealous of your year off!!!! I wish we got just a little bit more here. I have been counting down the days til the 16th! im hoping that I have some dialation at my appt on Monday, because if not I have to decide whether to continue with the 16th and hope it doesnt take forever to induce or try to wait out 1 more week max. we also have the last high risk appt tmw so that will be the last time we sneak a peek before he gets here!! Have I mentioned that Im soooooooo ready lol. i look like a whale and i have tree trunks for feet and im still at work :( I do have to share my good news for today though! my insurance fully covered my medela breast pump! and that feels like a victory here in CA where they like to charge out the tush and cover nothing!

Hey everyone how was your weekend? Hope youre all well?
I cant believe how close you are to meeting Jameson Bernie!! Cant wait to hear all about it. Fit your bump looks brill, Im feeling pretty big this last week or so.
Jaspie hope your party went well and your getting prepared for the big move.
Hopie did you manage to relax iver the weekend? Dont feel guilty for having some me time.
DH has been away working since fri so DS and I have had a nice weekend just the 2 of us, im looking forward to having him.home tomorrow though even though he can be a pain in the arse and will bring me far too much washing back haha. Im on the final countdown now... last 4 weeks at work eeeeeekkkk x

Eeek Blu! 4 weeks left in work!! Yay! Glad you and DS had a nice weekend together.
Bernie hope your appointment today went well! Excited to hear your update!
Hopie and fit hope you're good xx
I had a great time at the party thanks! Had today off work and had midwife appointment and everything looks good, bump is measuring exactly 25 weeks so all good! Got my MatB1 so will sort out my maternity leave tomorrow. I have 10 weeks left in work not counting the 2 week Christmas break!

Bernie glad you got your breast pump covered, that's great news! I feel your pain though, the running joke here is that BC stands not for British Columbia but for "Bring Cash" because everything is so damn expensive.

Woo hoo 4 weeks of work left Blu, that is awesome!

Jaspie glad your appointment went well. :thumbup:

Hopie hope you're enjoying your time away and relaxing.

This weekend was our 6th wedding anniversary and our maternity photo shoot. Not sure how our photos will be since it was pouring rain with gusting winds, but our photographer was great.

Thomas's ultrasound is in 2 days, eek, it's been 12 weeks since we last saw him! 32 weeks today!

Hi Girls! glad you all had nice weekends! Jaspie the party sounds nice, and blue so glad you got to have some time with just DS thats wonderful. And I think hopie is still relaxing! lucky! Fit so glad you get to see thomas again! Its so exciting and comforting to see them! my Dr. appt went well and we are still scheduled for induction Monday so we just have days! I know how this whole thing works, but somehow Im still in shock that I will finally be someones Mom! We cant wait! tmw is my 29th Bday and my last day at the office so Im very excited and i have a lot to do today!!! Talk to you ladies soon!!!

Oh Bernie so exciting! I can't believe it's just a matter of days until Jameson's arrival! Our first little rainbow :cloud9: Happy birthday for tomorrow and hope you have a great last day in work!
Fit sounds like your photoshoot went well despite the weather. Have fun seeing Thomas again in 2 days! Happy 32 weeks!

Hi all - happy to see the updates! Fit- I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already since last scan and you are 32 weeks already! That is too funny about baby Thomas kicking the plate off your tummy. I had no idea kicks were so strong. How cool! And so cool you also get a whole year off there. So you have lots of time to consider daycare. I can't believe how expensive daycare is here. Back when we talked about it, we figured I would just stay home the first 5 years because with my salary, it wasn't worth working.

Bernie-- my gosh - do you have only 5 more days? I know you must feel uncomfortable and just like come on already. I feel it has gone so fast. Congrats on getting the pump covered. I have found too that persistence with insurance certainly does pay. We all are so excited for you!

Blu- hope you enjoyed day with DS and DH is back home now so you have some help. Did you say just 4 more weeks of work to go? Awesome! I did have a relaxing weekend, thanks. Did wonders!

Jaspie - already 25 weeks!! great you can start sorting out your mat leave. When do you guys move into your new home? Glad the party was great!

No happy news from me. :( Thought there was some hope but nope. Chances were so small. Guess we'll see what this week brings. Otherwise I really need to look into third party options -- time is just ticking away and I'm getting old!

Take care friends! :)

Oh hopie big hugs hun, hang in there and keep trying and you will have your rainbow! Glad you managed to have a lovely weekend. After friday i only have 3 weeks at work its gone fast!!
Bernie im totally excited about the imminent arrival of our first rainbow baby &#128586; it seems to have flown by, the scary thing is.... im next! Omg! Happy Birthday xx
Fit I hope you post Thomas's ultrasound pic, i cant wait to see our little dude soon.
Jaspie I hope you feel better today? Any news on a move date?
I had a lovely day off lunching with my friend and her gorgeous squishy 4 month old. Cant believe ill have another baby soon, its so surreal.
X

Thanks so much Blu! I think I got 'spoiled' in the past. Only 2 other times we tried, it happened right away. This time I wasn't even certain of the dates since my cycle seems to be a lot shorter since the m/c -- they say that happens when you get older. Ugh. But thank you so much for the hope! Mother Nature has it all wrong. Some people - like myself don't get that strong urge to have a baby until later. I wish I had it sooner. Now it is so strong.. I just have to make this happen somehow!

Haha... yep, you're next!! I bet it feels surreal.. I feel like the time has just flown by for you guys. So so soo excited for you! Glad you had a lovely day with your friend and baby. :)

Bernie- the day is almost here!!! Wishing you all the best and can't wait to sign on here and see the news! :)) Take good care Fit and Jaspie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->