Wipes and liners?

Alegria

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry I have more questions about what we will need for cloth nappies! I'm getting very confused...

I have seen loads about cheeky wipes, but they seem to be quite expensive. Are there any other types that are good? And what would I actually need to buy if we are already planning to use cloth nappies? How many do you need?

Also, when do you need to use liners? Do you use them for newborns or just later on? Am I right that there are some nappies that you shouldn't use liners anyway? And what about fleece v flushable?

Thanks x

I wouldn't bother with Cheeky Wipes unless you really don't want to assemble your own stuff. You can get decent wipes from loads of places. www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk has some good ones, as does www.babykind.co.uk. I personally like ones with polyester fleece on one side and either cotton terry, bamboo fleece or cotton velour on the other side. I think the cheaper ones are usually fleece and terry. I would avoid ones that are just one layer of poly fleece as it isn't absorbent so won't soak up water or solution. Weenotions do some lovely ones if you want to make it look pretty!

Then you can either wet the wipes with water as you need them (and I just add a squirt of baby wash if needed) or you can presoak them. There are loads of different solutions you can make. A popular one seems to be a squirt of baby wash, a few drops of lavender oil and/or tea tree oil and top up with water. I'm sure it's cheaper to buy your own oils than the ones that come ready made with the Cheeky Wipe kits. And you can use any tupperware type box for storing them.

How many you need depends how often you'll be washing your nappies. I'd probably aim for 2 per nappy (I use one wipe for a wee and up to 4 for a poo).

You never *need* to use liners, it's just personal preference really. I've always found disposable ones a bit of a waste of time, fleece is much better as it also keeps baby dry. I don't think there are any nappies where you can't use a liner, just make sure that all of the liner is tucked into the nappy.

Would agree with Rachel. I just bought a load of cheap flannels to use as wipes. Though I confess to sometimes using disposable ones for particularly yukky poos!

Likewise with liners, I'm not a fan of the poo! I use fleece liners in all my nappies and if I anticipate it being a poo, I use a disposable one over the top to catch most of it. I quite like the Boots ones as they are massive so you can cut them in half to use. They aren't flushable though like some of the other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->