Wisdom tooth problems

littlep

Reaction score
Hey guys Im hoping you can help, Have any of you have and infection in a wisdom tooth in pregnancy?? (in the world of dentistry its known as pericoronitis), If so what did the dentist do/treat you with???

Im getting my self in a bit of a panic as I know gum infections can cause prem births and Im not up for that at 21 weeks!!!

Thanks guys xx

I was told to just gargle with an anti septic mouth wash or salty water, she wouldnt give me anti biotics :(

Ah thank you, I'm keeping the area as clean as I can, but I will try gargling with salt water, and see if that works. Did yours go away? x

Yup, I've had it. Twice in the last one, once so far this time. The first time I ever had one, the doc gave me antibiotics, but the best advice was to gargle with 1/2 & 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and water. It works awesome, gets rid of the infection in just 2-3 days. It tastes (and feels) weird, but as long as you don't swallow any, it's safe. And very effective. :thumbup:Best Wishes and Good Luck:thumbup:

That sounds painful, bad luck. On both my pregnancies my wisdom teeth decided to start trying to push through. Had an achey mouth and crappy headaches. Typically it settled between pregnancies. Hope you feel better soon!

Get a water pick and irrigate the tooth. It will really help. I had my wisdom teeth out at age 31, and had infection off and on for a couple years before that, although I wasn't pregnant during that time. Best thing I ever did was have them out, which you should really consider after you have your baby. But like I said, irrigate it, and always after you eat. Don't let food sit in the pocket that is created when the tooth is half out of the gums. I'm sure you will be fine! But don't hesitate to call your doctor if the infection gets really bad, better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->