wish i would stop bleeding!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Vixie, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Vixie

Vixie Well-Known Member

I was in hospital on friday with bloody discharge, got told my cervix was softened and some blood was mixing with my discharge and making it pink, this morning it was a darker red blood and freaked me out again, but the doc has taken swabs from the other day and i'l get told if its anything bad. Im resus negative so have to have jabs after a bleed but had one last week so shouldnt need one again just yet apparentley. Anyone else had this? Everytime i see blood i freak but the hospital tell me its thrush then a softened cervix, ive hears the more speclums you have it can cause a bit of bleeding? Thanks ladies :) x

2. Ew68j5

Ew68j5 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you have this to worry about - Im sure if the docs are happy that there is nothing wrong they are quite confident your LO will be just fine, still terrifying for you though. I have no experience of this but did't want to R&R, best of luck, you'll have your baby safe and sound pretty soon,xx

3. Essie

Essie Very proud mummy

Didn't want to r&r. Hopefully you'll hear back from the docs soon, but if you're worried or it gets heavier give your mw a call. I had a first tri bleed, and did experience a bit more after the speculum exam.

4. hope4bubba

hope4bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there, I know how you feel, I bled for a month from 19-23 weeks, had three trips to the hospital and had speculum in and messed about with! they took swabs but didnt find anything which is in some ways more worrying! they kept saying that its not normal and to come back if it gets much worse so I basically worried lots and every time I went to the toilet had a constant reminder of it. It was especially worrying as I had not yet felt my baby move which must have been due to my anterior placenta. On the third visit a different consultant found a piece of loose tissue near my cervix but they didnt know what that was then after a week and half the bleeding just completely stopped!

Try not to worry too much although I know that is easily said than done but your bubba is safe in there, I got told that your cervix can bleed for no reason, just because of the massive increase in blood flow to the area and you cant help but think with all those blooming speculums and poking about it will cause more bleeding!!

Hope it stops for you soon X

5. Jollybean

Jollybean Well-Known Member

Did the docs say what caused it or when it should stop? Get a second opinion if ur worried. I would xx