Wish me luck

caarmywife

Reaction score
So I am about to hop in the shower to get ready to go take my glucose tolerance test. For some reason, I am super freaking out about it. I think because my family has a history of diabetes. I dunno, but I have been putting it off for this whole week. The good thing is that I didnt have to fast for it. Anyways, nervous nelly is going to hop in the shower and quit procrastinating!

good luck... the only part I'm dreading about it is the drink :sick:
If you can reassure me at all about the drink being ok , that would help me a lot!

good luck... the only part I'm dreading about it is the drink :sick:
If you can reassure me at all about the drink being ok , that would help me a lot!

Will do, I hope! I will update will I am waiting to have the blood drawn lol

Good luck! I just had mine yesterday and it was totally fine. The drink was sooooo totally fine, I don't know what folks get worked up about (it was the orange flavor). It's so small it's gone in a snap anyways. Did feel a bit icky and peckish for the rest of the day though. They said if they don't call me by end of Monday I'm fine --- grr, now I'll be worrying about it all weekend...

Ok I did the lemon lime flavor. Not too bad, not settling too great, but could be way worse. It wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Now I wait!

Ok all done! Well, I have been all done for a while. Now to wait for the results ugh. Oh, and I feel fine. I am actually bouncing off the walls. When I crash, its gonna be ugly lol

lol make sure you drink water and eat something.. I've heard that prevents having a horrible crash or headache or feeling awful the rest of the day etc...

i agree, even it out when ya can hun =D welldone for being brave, i hated mine and i had a rough and careless nurse who pierced my veins through to the otherside, resulting in me being almost unable to bend my badly bruised arms- dont worry i complained formally, cowbag!!!!!!

Glad it wasn't too bad for you...Hopefully my nurse will be able to get my vein, it took 3 nurses 7 attempts the last time I had to give blood :haha: :flower:

Glad it wasn't horrible for you. I had mine right before I was diagnosed with hyperemesis. I was so sick while waiting for that hour, begging them to let me eat some morning sickness crackers. As soon as I got home afterward, I puked my guts out, had some crackers, and went to bed lol.

I didn't find the drink that bad either, I just chugged it and got it all over with. Took about 5 seconds, and they let me have some nice cold water when I was done to rinse the taste out and try to settle my tummy a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->