• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Wish they had a test...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
...that could tell you if you were pregnant right away or not! Ugh! The wait is torture and I'm only a few days passed ovulation.

What is everyone else doing to pass the time?

One day maybe XD after all when my mother was pregnant with me they had to wait till well over a missed period and then had to wait an hour for the results of the home pregnancy test. Now we have tests advertising 6 days before a missed period and you get the results in minutes

I was reading an interesting article about developing super early testing using EPF (Early Pregnancy Factor), which is released within hours of fertilisation and starts to lower the woman's immune response so that she doesn't reject the developing blastocyst. I fear though that the incidences of chemical pregnancies would shoot up. I can't remember the statistic now, but there are a lot more fertilised eggs than successful pregnancies. Lots of issues come at implantation stage or in those early few days when chromosomal abnormalities prevent proper development of the blastocyst. These pregnancies are never picked up by hCG tests as they are over by then, but if you could test using EPF then so many more women would experience chemical pregnancies. It would be amazing to know the day after ovulation, but so so horrible to have false hope every cycle if you had those very early losses frequently.

Another interesting article I read recently was about urine tests that can determine the risk of miscarriage... something to do with proteins I believe. Not sure I'd want that either!! Imagine all the false results and the stress that would cause!

i second this! last month was awful and my lp was only 9 days then i got AF :(
fingers crossed for us this month! at least you only have 6 days to wait ive probably got about another 22 before i even ovulate!
:flower:

I think I read something about that happening with FRERs somewhere. Don't remember where I saw it at but it had to do with people getting early positives on FRER and then have a chemical. Actually I see real life examples of this on BnB a lot, sadly, so I could see how it would be stressful, especially if you had troubles ttc, then be over the moon to find out you're pregnant only to start bleeding from a chemical.

I don't know... for me personally I would like to still know if I conceived right away. Even waiting until after my period was due and getting a bfp for me wouldn't even guarantee my pregnancy would stay. I've had early losses between 7-8 weeks so I'm really anxious about getting past that point. It was awful because my hormone levels reached almost 50,000 with my last mmc before my body finally started to bleed. I would have never known had I not had an early ultrasound.

I don't think I would want to take that miscarriage test either though. Knowing you were for sure going to miscarry is like saying "hey I'm pregnant, but I'm really not". Finding out you're in for a loss is like having the rug jerked out from under you.

Callmedan - I hope so too! Fx for all of us here!

I was reading an interesting article about developing super early testing using EPF (Early Pregnancy Factor), which is released within hours of fertilisation and starts to lower the woman's immune response so that she doesn't reject the developing blastocyst. I fear though that the incidences of chemical pregnancies would shoot up. I can't remember the statistic now, but there are a lot more fertilised eggs than successful pregnancies. Lots of issues come at implantation stage or in those early few days when chromosomal abnormalities prevent proper development of the blastocyst. These pregnancies are never picked up by hCG tests as they are over by then, but if you could test using EPF then so many more women would experience chemical pregnancies. It would be amazing to know the day after ovulation, but so so horrible to have false hope every cycle if you had those very early losses frequently.

Another interesting article I read recently was about urine tests that can determine the risk of miscarriage... something to do with proteins I believe. Not sure I'd want that either!! Imagine all the false results and the stress that would cause!

I could be reading this wrong, but chemical pregnancies are not the result of early testing, however, due to early testing women know that they are having chemical pregnancies so are reported more. Personally I would love to know right away because if I was one of these women who were trying for a year I would at least know it's not a conception issue, but an implantation issue so that specific issue might can be treated.

No no, of course chemicals aren't caused by early testing :) but women know they have had one because they test before their period. Well there are so many more conceptions than we realise already because eggs are conceived and then never implant or stop developing after a few days. Because they don't implant the body doesn't produce hCG, which is therefore not picked up on pregnancy tests and so the woman never realises she is pregnant. However, if tests could pick up EPF then women would know every time their eggs were fertilised (which is believed to happen the majority of the time), but then there would also be a huge increase in women being aware they had just experienced a chemical pregnancy. Hope that makes more sense.

XD I figured that's what you meant, lol I thought I was reading it wrong. But still there are ways to treat implantation problems, I think with progesterone, so if women knew it was an implantation problem maybe it can be treated sooner so women can have their babies sooner. That would be wonderfull

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"