witch got me ... but ... cd1 vitex

hopeful:)

Reaction score
Sooooo in out this month and this is 2nd cycle ttc.

im staying upbeat.. Following a,horrible time coming off bcp i had long and short cycle with spotting. Took vitex this month and a perfect 28 day cycle. And i told ovulation just by cm and pains.

whose joining me in toasting in the new year and getting a january bfp? X

Sorry to hear the witch got you this time! She got me too - on Xmas day..! lol! Now into month 7 TTC.

I've ordered some Vitex which should be here in the next couple of days, but obviously it's too late for me to start then this month as I'm already CD7 (I ovulate(?!) around CD16).

I've read a lot of good things about them so really hoping they work - and for you too :)

I tried vitex this month too and got an 28day cycle I was really pleased with it!!! Il join I'm testing the 19th of January.

Vitex really does seem magical!! Lets hope for bfps this month ladies!! Xx

Just wanted to chime in here with some vitex praises! This little one is a vitex baby. Started it midway through the cycle before I conceived as it was 2 months and I hadn't ovulated or gotten AF. It made me ovulate and brought AF. Conceived the next cycle! Baby is healthy and strong heartbeat :). Love vitex :)

Just wanted to chime in here with some vitex praises! This little one is a vitex baby. Started it midway through the cycle before I conceived as it was 2 months and I hadn't ovulated or gotten AF. It made me ovulate and brought AF. Conceived the next cycle! Baby is healthy and strong heartbeat :). Love vitex :)

Ah that's lovely to hear :)

Maybe I will start taking mine as soon as I get them then :)
Can I ask what dosage you took?

Am I right in thinking you stop taking them for the remainder of the cycle once you have ovulated?

1600/mg per day in the am an hour before food.

No you take them the ENTIRE cycle! It's a slow acting herb that takes time to build up in your system so if you stop after O it's essentially like you're starting over each cycle bc that time you don't take it it gets out of your system. Take it the whole time.

I'm even still taking it and will continue to through the first trimester.

Hello ladies, I would like to join you. This is the perfect thread. I'm getting AF today at 14dpo already spotted with low temp. I kept saying I'll start taking vitex if i don't get preg this month. my cycle has become 34-35 days long with ovulation on CD21.

Have you ladies consulted your doctor before taking vitex?
Hopeful, a 28 day cycle is great!! What was it before? When did you ovulate before taking vitex? If you don't mind I would love to stay updated on your results. Let's keep this thread alive. I'm going to start it after talking to my gynecologist but not going to ttc because DH is not here right now.

This is my third month ttc. First month got BFP and miscarried a few days after (chemical pregnancy). I am worried it has something to do with my late ovulation or messed up hormones. So I read vitex would balance that out (hopefully).

No you take them the ENTIRE cycle! It's a slow acting herb that takes time to build up in your system so if you stop after O it's essentially like you're starting over each cycle bc that time you don't take it it gets out of your system. Take it the whole time.

Kylasbaby, congrats! I'm really happy for you. thanks for sharing your experience. How long were you ttc before taking vitex?
I have read that it causes uterine contractions so it's not a good idea to take during pregnancy. So when did you stop taking it? Right after BFP?

Kylasbaby, congrats! I'm really happy for you. thanks for sharing your experience. How long were you ttc before taking vitex?
I have read that it causes uterine contractions so it's not a good idea to take during pregnancy. So when did you stop taking it? Right after BFP?

It is fine to take in pregnancy so I am taking it through the first trimester. I'm very confident in my decision. The majority of losses while on vitex happen right when women get their BFP and stop taking it. Vitex keeps the progesterone production up so quitting cold turkey can cause a MC. My doctor knows I am taking it and is not concerned. I will probably take it a bit past the first tri as well and only start weaning off after 12-13 weeks.

I started taking vitex when I started TTC. We used a donor so I got donations the first full cycle I was on it and got my BFP.

Yea I've heard that it's not good to go off so suddenly. Some Stop it slowly. Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Welcome all. My cycles were so messed up after bcp. Longest was 37 days and shortest was 6 (being a bleed then complete clear days then a massive bleed again). I couldn't believe it when the witch got me at exactly 28days and 14 days after ovulation(based only on ewcm and pains) It was a text cycle.

i want to temp but am not good at waking up at the same time etc so don't know if its worth it really. Xx

Temping may help us know our cycles more but it's definitely stressful. I was charting from first cycle ttc but now I'm thinking about stoping when I'm with DH again. I want to temp this month and take vitex to see the difference it makes.
I'm planning to take a more relaxed approach when we are together again. No temping. It will happen when the time is right. Just going to BD when we feel like it ( which is often)

Are you ttc#1? I'm 23 and ttc #1

I'm so happy I found this thread! I started taking Vitex at the end of November. My cycles were 6-7 weeks after coming off BCP. I was on CD 51 (the longest cycle yet) when I took my first dosage, and AF finally arrived the next day! After that I ovulated CD 19 and I'm currently CD 34 and expecting AF any day (sadly, no BFP). I'm so excited that it made such a big difference during my first cycle!

I take 3 capsules in the morning, which is 1200mg. I really, really hope I get my BFP next cycle. We've been trying since July. I've never been pregnant so this is all new to me. Would love to share this Vitex journey with you ladies!

I'm so happy I found this thread! I started taking Vitex at the end of November. My cycles were 6-7 weeks after coming off BCP. I was on CD 51 (the longest cycle yet) when I took my first dosage, and AF finally arrived the next day! After that I ovulated CD 19 and I'm currently CD 34 and expecting AF any day (sadly, no BFP). I'm so excited that it made such a big difference during my first cycle!

I take 3 capsules in the morning, which is 1200mg. I really, really hope I get my BFP next cycle. We've been trying since July. I've never been pregnant so this is all new to me. Would love to share this Vitex journey with you ladies!

Wow I'm so glad you had so much success with vitex. Ovulation on CD19 is a awesome improvement! I want to start but haven't got the chance to order them yet. Which brand are you taking? Saw lots of great reviews on Amazon for natures way brand so i think I'll order that. In glad you can join. I started AF today and had a 34 day cycle with ovulation on CD21. Hoping to move that up a bit. I'm also ttc #1 but never been on any kind of contraceptives.

Good luck this cycle hope you get your BFP!

Hey ladies I have a question. All Vitex is the same right?? I got mine from GNC and it says menopause support. That just scared me. Here's a pic:
Do you think I should take it?

Hey ladies I have a question. All Vitex is the same right?? I got mine from GNC and it says menopause support. That just scared me. Here's a pic:
Do you think I should take it?

Sorry had trouble uploading

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Wow I'm so glad you had so much success with vitex. Ovulation on CD19 is a awesome improvement! I want to start but haven't got the chance to order them yet. Which brand are you taking? Saw lots of great reviews on Amazon for natures way brand so i think I'll order that. In glad you can join. I started AF today and had a 34 day cycle with ovulation on CD21. Hoping to move that up a bit. I'm also ttc #1 but never been on any kind of contraceptives.

Thanks! I got the Natures Way one on Amazon too. It's a pack of 2 bottles for about $11. Very pleased!

Taima - The one you bought is the same because it's chasteberry, which is the plant you want. It works for many other things besides regulating your cycle and improving fertility, so it's no big deal that it says for menopause. Maybe just double check the ingredients that there's nothing else besides chasteberry/Vitex and whatever makes up the outer capsule. Vitex works by regulating your pituitary gland, which regulates your ovaries and reproductive organs. I did a lot of research online. Even WebMD says it's safe and most people have no negative side affects.

No AF for me yet but it feels imminent. CD 35 is amazing for me! Maybe my next cycle will be even shorter!

Thanks! I got the Natures Way one on Amazon too. It's a pack of 2 bottles for about $11. Very pleased!

Taima - The one you bought is the same because it's chasteberry, which is the plant you want. It works for many other things besides regulating your cycle and improving fertility, so it's no big deal that it says for menopause. Maybe just double check the ingredients that there's nothing else besides chasteberry/Vitex and whatever makes up the outer capsule. Vitex works by regulating your pituitary gland, which regulates your ovaries and reproductive organs. I did a lot of research online. Even WebMD says it's safe and most people have no negative side affects.

No AF for me yet but it feels imminent. CD 35 is amazing for me! Maybe my next cycle will be even shorter!

Thanks for your reply! There's no other ingredient. Just Vitex 500 mg. what dose are you going to take? I wanted to get nature's way but didn't want to wait for them in the mail and GNC is just up the block. It says 1 everyday but I think I should take 2-3 for 1000-1500mg dose.

Maybe you won't get AF!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"