With all of these sleep threads it got me thinking

My_First

Reaction score
Many think that babies should be STTN from the maximum 6 months, just a poll to see how common it really is. And by STTN I mean the proper 6-7pm until 6-7am, i.e. not needing a bottle/dream feed at 10pm. Teething and sickness not counted as we all understand that this upsets sleep...

I always thought that its not normal to sleep through (10+ hours) til a year old - thats what keeps me sane anyway :rofl:

My LO has always had a dream feed and still does.He started sttn from about 8 months but i still give him a dream feed at 10pm as he has never had enough milk in the day,made no difference to whether he sleeped though honest :haha: as i have always dream feed him iukwim

Not yet :( So can't vote!

Boo sleeps through from 9ish pm to 8am. She's been doing that since about 9 weeks. We've had a couple of blips at 4am but generally thats her sound asleep until morning :D.

Morgan was 6-8 weeks, Naomi-Mae 8/9 weeks and Kaysie Blossom was night 2.

I think you need to take into consideration feeding method too. I don't know many BF'd babies under 6 months that STTN.

Oops I voted and missed that you meant with no dream feeds. Lo still has a dream feed about 10. But apart from that has been sleeping through since 6 weeks.

I think you need to take into consideration feeding method too. I don't know many BF'd babies under 6 months that STTN.

Definitely agree with this. :thumbup:

My LO was sleeping from 8pm-4am with no wakes/dreamfeeds from 8 weeks old. Then 8pm-6am from 10 weeks. At 15 weeks he started waking again, for 4 weeks. Then from about 19 weeks he has slept 8pm-8am very consistently, but we still have the odd bad night/early morning.

but in my case i know that dream feeding makes no difference to whether my LO sleeps or not :shrug: i didnt vote though because the OP specifically said no dream feeders?

I hate u people :(

Mine will go 18:00 till 05:00 on some days. But most of the days he wakes up at 02:00 for a feed. But I am happy he drink during the night as he doesn't drink enough during day...

Lola was sleeping from 8-7 with no dream feed from 12wks but now she wakes at 4am everyday,sometimes wants a feed and sometimes not and then goes back to sleep xx

I hate u people :(

Mine will go 18:00 till 05:00 on some days. But most of the days he wakes up at 02:00 for a feed. But I am happy he drink during the night as he doesn't drink enough during day...

WSS!!!!

I was literally about to post this exactly, followed by :devil:

Argh I wish Coralie would STTN. I'm a sleep deprived angry zombie.

I don't think feeding method makes any difference, my bf baby has slept through from a very early age

A first slept through the might at 6-7 weeks and it was for about 10-12hrs, and freaked us out, we were so worried.

I don't think feeding method makes any difference, my bf baby has slept through from a very early age

It does in general, but there are exceptions to the rule. Morgan was FF and was 6-8 weeks, Naomi-Mae FF 8/9 weeks and was FF, Kaysie Blossom BF and night 2.

I said I don't know many BF'd babies that STTN. There are exceptions of course in any situation. Formula takes longer to digest so typically FF babies sleep longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->