withdrawal bleed / opk

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
So oh is fully on board ttc now. I was going to take 8 weeks of the mini pill after my implant was out. Well that lasted 3 days :rofl:

Ive had pink toilet paper since friday and a gym workout today made me actually bleed. Now i know i have to wake up with blood for it to count as cd1.

However as this is a withdrawal bleed do i still count tomorrow (aslong as im still bleeding) as cd1 or do i need to wait in limbo untill my next 'proper' cycle???

I was literally constantly bleeding/spottong on the implant. So ive no idea when af should show. Ive also been on bc since i was 15 (9 years) with only a short break to ttc. So ive also no clue how long a cycle is for me.

When would you advise opk-ing. Say tomorrow is cd1 do i wait till day cd10 and test till positive?

Any advise would be great - feel like a 1st timer. We were properly ntnp last time

Hi if you have been on contraception i would advise that until you have had a period not to start trying to count your cycle. I only think this because until you have had a period you cant actually start taking anything as a cycle. Unless the pink you described turns into a full bleed i wouldnt start counting it. If you do start bleeding though then start your cycle from the first day you noticed the pink.

My friend recently had her implant taken out and they had told her that it could take her 2-3 years for her to have regular periods and that the implants hormones could still be in her body for that length of time. She had had the implant for 6 years.

She is not trying for a baby so this does not make a difference to her sa she only had hers removed for medical reasons. However i do hope that you dont have these issues. Like any contraception you can still fall pregnant on them and the time scale for it to leave your body just depends on you.

I hope you get your BFP soon :) x

Hi if you have been on contraception i would advise that until you have had a period not to start trying to count your cycle. I only think this because until you have had a period you cant actually start taking anything as a cycle. Unless the pink you described turns into a full bleed i wouldnt start counting it. If you do start bleeding though then start your cycle from the first day you noticed the pink.

My friend recently had her implant taken out and they had told her that it could take her 2-3 years for her to have regular periods and that the implants hormones could still be in her body for that length of time. She had had the implant for 6 years.

She is not trying for a baby so this does not make a difference to her sa she only had hers removed for medical reasons. However i do hope that you dont have these issues. Like any contraception you can still fall pregnant on them and the time scale for it to leave your body just depends on you.

I hope you get your BFP soon :) x

This isn't correct. Once the implants out the hormones are out of your body within a week and fertility returns very quickly.

I would just start doing opks as of now. It took me 6 week to get my cycle back after having it out, then reverted to 4 weeks cycle. Had it out in March n was pregnant by May.

Hmmmm it is quite worrying that they have told her that then. I havent been on an implant so i only have her word for what has actually been said.

Yes, do tell her that's definitely not the case- Even though she's not TTC it's definitely dinething she should be aware of. My gp made a point of saying if we weren't planning on any more children, to use condoms straight away because the hormones are out if the body almost straight away. He definitely wasn't wrong there lol.

Have just double checked and it's correct- fertility should return to normal straight away. Hth

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/contraceptive-implant.aspx

I was told fertility returns almost immediately. Period has return will full force today, oooooouchy. So i guess today is cd1. No idea how long my cycle is so ill just wing it till i get another period i guess. Ohs not keen on opks apparently its not fun with all the pressure.

Maybe ill be a secret poas addict :haha:

Yes just hide them lol 😄 of just assume that it'll be your normal length cycle and go from there. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"