Withdrawal bleed/Stopping the Pill

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
My question is, after stopping the pill how long did it take for you to get a withdrawal bleed or period? Also how long did it last for?
I've been off the POP for 2 days and the bleeding is heavy, I'm worried it will last months. After bleeding for 10 months non stop because of taking the POP, I just want it to stop, I've literally had enough :cry:

Thanks in Advance :hugs:

I stopped pill 25 days ago now. Had no bleed at all so far, but ovulated 5 days ago. So now I await the bleed! When I do I think mine will be for a while usually is ! Hang on in there, sure it will stop soon!! :)

I stopped 2 days ago and started bleeding today, heavy but no different than my usual periods. I hope it's over quickly and painlessly for you!

I normally bled for 5 days during my placebo pills every month, so when I stopped BCP it was just like a "normal" period for me.

Make sure you're getting extra iron if you need it! :hugs:

Hi odd socks, is that you completely off birth control now so you are ntnp?

Thanks all, day 4 now and still very heavy and painfull :(
MissN8 unfortunately not no, it's back to the drawing board for protection for me as OH isn't ready....still

Any ideas how long withdrawal bleeds last? Day 5 and its just getting heavier and heavier

With my pills, I have a break every month, so get a withdrawal bleed every month, so the one after I stopped my pills was exactly the same as every other. It started about 4 days after the last pill and lasted maybe 4 days and was fairly light like they all are. But if you have been taking the kind of pill where you don't have a monthly withdrawal bleed, I think you can expect it to be a lot heavier and more miserable. If you think about it, it's however many years worth of built up uterine lining that has never been shed (actually, one of the reasons that some say it's better to take the pill breaks because it doesn't build up and it gives your body a chance to replenish that uterine lining regularly). If it lasts more than a week or so, I would start to maybe be a little concerned, but otherwise, that sounds normal.

So the bleeding has stopped but earlier I passed out and it's proper freaked me out :(

Oh god odd socks you must need iron Hun go see the pharmacist and/or Dr asap

Keep us posted x

I stopped taking the pill about 2 months ago, had withdrawal bleed and then 3 weeks later a normal period albeit much lighter than usual. 3 weeks later another period. So back to regular periods. Just annoying cycle only 22-23 days. Hopefully we'll get back to my normal 28 day cycle soon. I must say I feel soooo much better now I'm not taking bcp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->