Woah now im worried!

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I had an email yesterday from my sons school saying there has been confirmed cases of measles so if your pregnant please inform your ante natal team, so i text my midwife this morning to let her know and she asked if id had mr injection before, i told her probably as a little child but certainly not over the last 20 years, anyway since then she has phoned hospital to ask if they had bloods left from booking they could use but they dont so she has been in to the doctor got a blood form and brought it to my house all in an hour and told me to go get bloods draw. Today so she can chase this up! I wasnt even worried when i told her but now im freaking out she seems so serious! My son has a hospital appointment tomorrow i would have got bloods drawn then but she wants them done today! :/

Gosh that is worrying. But the good news is your midwife is working quickly to ensure that you know if you have immunity and getting it all sorted ASAP. Fingers crossed, let us know you get on

I was getting ready to go and my fiance tells me hes contacted his mum to pick me up and take me, i kept on telling him no its fine I'll go on the bus but he said no she was coming in an hour so to wait, which i did, turns out he didnt tell her to bring a car seat (she has our spare in her shed) so she didnt bring it and its buried in her shed so she cudnt take me because i wont let my little girl in no car without a car seat, so she had a couple of cups of coffee then went home because it was too late for me to make it there on the bus because i have to pick my boys up from school at 3, so now i have to pick my boys up from school then walk to the hospital (about 40 minute walk if not longer) with 3 children with me because he wouldn't let me just walk it or get the bus earlier when i wanted to, i could cry because now hes made it really hard for me!! All the buses will be too full after the school walk to get up there so now i have to walk 3 kids there and leave them outside the room whilst i get bloods then walk them back and make them dinner! Its no ideal! But midwife wanted the bloods TODAY she made it very clear, i really am stressed now ffs thats the last time i let him try to 'help'

Rant over lol!! He came home from work to take me then went back to work, so its done and results within 48hrs

I wouldn't worry too much. If you were vaccinated as a child, you should have lifelong immunity. I was vaccinated as a very young child, and now 28 years later I'm still immune. I am surprised that this wasn't part of your routine prenatal care though, it was for me. But I am in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->