woe is me, i cant find a midwife!

paintrider89

Reaction score
First off, I am in the US. And I live in one of the more rural states (though in one of the largest city's in the state.) I asked on Facebook on my local natural parenting group for suggestions, and they all suggested Midwives in other city's. Well maybe I'm being a brat, or lazy, but I don't want to drive 30+ min. In traffic to my appointments, especially when I will be more heavily pregnant.

There were a few closer, but they seem to only work within their birthing center, and I would like a hospital, midwife lead birth. It seems like I'm asking to much, but in my mind it doesn't seem to much. I want a midwife, in my city, who works with the local hospital...

Sorry for the long cry, but I am putting off making an appointment because I don't want to go back to my OB. He is nice and all, but pushes inductions and is a little less crunchy than I would like....

Hey there!!
Congratulations :)

you don't sound lazy or bratty at all what so ever! you aren't going to want to be big and pregnant driving a half hour back and fourth or waiting 30 minutes for a midwife to get to you if you need assistance!!

I have done online applications for midwives too! the night I got my BFP and no response yet so I totally get it! you want this to go as planned and you are entitled to that!

Fingers crossed for us, i'm sure it will all work out!!
xox
Katie

I feel your pain! I had the same requirements and started wondering if I was being unreasonable. I filled out three different on-line intake forms and called at least five midwives. I ended up finding out that there are only TWO practising midwives in my town. :dohh:I waited for what felt like ages and eventually got a response from one of the two in my town! Keep trying, you're entitled to the type of care provider you want most. And it looks like most midwives (at least the ones I called here) will try to accommodate their waitlists by accepting women at any point in their pregnancies, as long as you allow them to pull your previous prenatal care history. If you have to stick it out a little longer with your OB, it doesn't necessarily mean he will have to remain your primary care provider for your entire pregnancy.

I wish you luck! :flower:

Thanks for the replies! I took a break today and didn't even look. I will resume tomarrow...or Monday in my search..

Sounds just like my state, no hospital midwives only homebirth ones. No CMNs deliver in my city :(

There are only two birth centers where I live, and one doesn't accept my insurance. The other one just told me last week that I came go back there because I had a c section, and they can't take on any more patients who are VBAC. Unfortunately, the next closest birth center is 350 miles away, so I will have to go to a regular OB and hospital. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->